Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Budget Laptop ~ $500-800

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just need a laptop that doesn't have to be high-end can perform in games in low-med quality and doesn't have issues.

I was debating on lenovo y40 but there is a lot of talk of a design flaw and no ventilation.

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bump.

I know this contradicts what I asked for but do you guys think that the GS60 is worth it by MSI?

It's hefty amount of money but is it worth the investment? I already have a Macbook Retina but it doesn't really perform in gaming I have spent $1600 I intended to use it for mobile development for iOS and iOS emulation.

But, I no longer need that. And I want to do some gaming whenever I need a dose from coding. And macbook obviously is not compatible with some of the games unless I download windows but the keyboard interferes with most games and does not really perform well because of course this laptop is not made for gaming and I'm also looking for a mobile light weighted laptop so I think the GS60 would be great.

I heard about issues with Lenovo Y40 but it is priced really cheap.

Need opinions. Basically I'm saying I'm looking for a lightweight gaming laptop cheap if possible if not, I'm willing to still invest if it is worth it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you are going to spend that much on a laptop, get one with an 800M instead of an 870M.

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you are going to spend that much on a laptop, get one with an 800M instead of an 870M.

Isn't a 870M a 800M series graphics card? Did you mean instead of an 770M.

The latest GS60 Ghost has an 860M which is upgradable to 870M. I believe and it is what I intended to buy.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Isn't a 870M a 800M series graphics card? Did you mean instead of an 770M.

The latest GS60 Ghost has an 860M which is upgradable to 870M. I believe and it is what I intended to buy.
Meant to say get an 880M instead of an 870M. xD

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You could try a Lenovo G505s which should be able to handle some games at medium settings.

• AMD A10-5750M 2.5 GHz Processor
  • 6 GB DDR3 RAM
  • 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
  • 15.6-Inch Screen
  • Windows 8.1; 5-Hour Battery Life

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This page is worth taking a looking at for your price:

Back