Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Build needed

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I may get a payment soon, of around $1400 and I'm planning on building a computer with that money, as mine is already rotting and can barely turn itself on XD

I plan on running high end games, like The Witcher 3, Thief and some games with nice graphics, such as Blade and Soul, Tera, Diablo III all on max with 30+ fps, at least. I don't like shooters like BF4 or COD, I'd rather stick to my CS :p

Is that budget enough to build a computer capable of that? Also, is it possible to accomplish that with a less expensive build? (SSD isn't really necessary imo, altho I'm a noob at this, I think HDD works just as fine and it may help reduce the total value a bit. I also have the OS already, so no need to worry about that)

If the answer to those questions is yes, would you please give me an example build?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

here you go.a nice build with r9 290x that can do better then a GTX titan ;).

Also you don't need a full tower case like the one I picked, but it's really nice and the PSU also a bit overkill.Grand total of $1516 monitor included

Last edited:
GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Regarding the graphic card, what's the difference between that Radeon and this one here:

The price is almost halved and the specs seem pretty much the same to me

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

Regarding the graphic card, what's the difference between that Radeon and this one here:

The price is almost halved and the specs seem pretty much the same to me

The r9 290x is faster way faster

if you want to cut something on that build cut on the PSU and case
Like I said the 850 watt is overkill

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see. Also, I have no idea about this, but does PhysX or w/e its called work on Radeons?

I went out to check Cases.

I'm always afraid the components wont fit bcuz of the box (I can't upgrade my own gpu because of the box...). I found this one
Does everything fit in?

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I see. Also, I have no idea about this, but does PhysX or w/e its called work on Radeons?
Nope
Just in case you want a breathing room with that $1400

with the card you mentioned
r9 280x faster
GTX 770 higher clock speed PhysX support ofc.

I'll be here just ask.

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok, based off your build I took out the monitor bcuz I already have one and changed the gpu and ram (i wont just be gaming, i work with 3D and stuff too) and this is what I got.

Is this viable? Does everything fit and stuff?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Ok, based off your build I took out the monitor bcuz I already have one and changed the gpu and ram (i wont just be gaming, i work with 3D and stuff too) and this is what I got.

Is this viable? Does everything fit and stuff?

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

You want 24 gb ram? stick with one brand.

if not remove the G.Skill kit.

Back