Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Building a new desktop

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is the build suggested by SirEpicWin

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler
ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card
Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I would like to ask if there's any more better suggestions from other forumers.
Also. for graphic designing, is a SSD really required? what's the optimum memory space for money SSD up for grab on the market?
If i'm getting one(or more) SSD, should i use one as local disk C and another one as scratch disk? or just for the scratch disk?
FYI I usually have a few google chrome pages open together with adobe photoshop cs6 working on designs >100mb
thankssss

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is the build suggested by SirEpicWin

Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler
ASRock Z97 EXTREME4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB DirectCU II Video Card
Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I would like to ask if there's any more better suggestions from other forumers.
Also. for graphic designing, is a SSD really required? what's the optimum memory space for money SSD up for grab on the market?
If i'm getting one(or more) SSD, should i use one as local disk C and another one as scratch disk? or just for the scratch disk?
FYI I usually have a few google chrome pages open together with adobe photoshop cs6 working on designs >100mb
thankssss
The PSU is really overkill. I would recommend a decent 500W. Should be enough. If you have the money, by all means get an SSD.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The PSU is really overkill. I would recommend a decent 500W. Should be enough. If you have the money, by all means get an SSD.

I would like to get more info on the motherboard you suggested. As the name suggests, it's a motherboard suitable fr gaming, while this desktop of mine is specialized to be used for graphic designing. :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I would like to get more info on the motherboard you suggested. As the name suggests, it's a motherboard suitable fr gaming, while this desktop of mine is specialized to be used for graphic designing. :)

The ASRock extreme 4 is overall good for anything ,always check for reviews on any PC part before buying.

Back