Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Building a gaming PC with a budget

Reaction score
Okay so far I have the hard drive, motherboard, poewr supply, and the processor and I"m just waiting for the GPU, case, and memory to ship in.
I dropped the hard drive about 60 cm and I'm not sure if that damaged the hard drive(no apparent damage from what I can see) so i'm a little bit worried about that.

On top of that, NCIX for some reason shipped me a free processor by mistake and now I have two i5 4590s.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Okay so far I have the hard drive, motherboard, poewr supply, and the processor and I"m just waiting for the GPU, case, and memory to ship in.
I dropped the hard drive about 60 cm and I'm not sure if that damaged the hard drive(no apparent damage from what I can see) so i'm a little bit worried about that.

On top of that, NCIX for some reason shipped me a free processor by mistake and now I have two i5 4590s.
Talk about Luck of the draw. You could probably keep that, sell it or give it to a friend that's building a PC ahaha.

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking that too :p, I think they also might be sending another powersupply by mistake too, as apparently i have one that's being shipped(I picked mine up)

Not that I'm complaining though...

Reaction score
Just a few questions to everyone, how sensitive is the motherboard and processor? I'm not sure if I had damaged either of them by simply bring restless. I have tried an out of the case test and I can't turn the motherboard on.

Reaction score
Just a few questions to everyone, how sensitive is the motherboard and processor? I'm not sure if I had damaged either of them by simply bring restless. I have tried an out of the case test and I can't turn the motherboard on.

Very. Bending a single pen could render your processor useless. But if it's not responding, it may be the PSU.

If you're looking to give away that extra i5. I'd love to take it off your hands. I could def use it lol.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Just start over...disconnect everything and follow the directions slowly and do it again...there are a few connections that if they are not right will render the entire thing inoperable.

As for the durability of a mobo and processor....they are tougher than most think. If you did damage you'll know you did it...it will be visually evident.

First off I wouldn't attempt an out of the case test....the PSU grounds itself to the case and the mobo uses that too....the case protects the components not only from elements but from electo static charges which will kill components immediately.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Just start over...disconnect everything and follow the directions slowly and do it again...there are a few connections that if they are not right will render the entire thing inoperable.

As for the durability of a mobo and processor....they are tougher than most think. If you did damage you'll know you did it...it will be visually evident.

First off I wouldn't attempt an out of the case test....the PSU grounds itself to the case and the mobo uses that too....the case protects the components not only from elements but from electo static charges which will kill components immediately.

I had him do this, he realized after a few hours alter he didn't plug the psu in lol.

Reaction score
Built my PC last night; Took me quite a while but 75% of the time I spent building it could've been solved with the flick of a button lol.
Difference in speed and graphics is ridiculous; I had no idea how beautifully gorgeous some of these games could be at high settings. vLife helped me alot throughout this build as well.

And in regards to the extra i5; I sold it 2 days ago for $150 to my neighbor :p, helped me return some funds on building this PC that i can spend elsewhere.. Thank you NCIX!

Wanted to thank you guys for talking me into building this PC. Much better choice i made here; Was quite fun really.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
And the best part is breaking the myth people have about building their own PC's...it's so easy but a lot of people are scared thinking its hard....now you'll save yourself and your family a lot of money in the future...

Back