Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Should I buy refurbished or new?

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I've been shopping for laptops lately, and I don't know if I should buy brand new or take a chance going with refurbished. I know a new product will of course be more 'reliable', but a refurbished one will be a bit cheaper.

Not looking at any hardcore gaming so don't need crazy specs, just enough to run older games like Borderlands 2, COD: Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, etc. So what kind of specs should I aim for would you say?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
This mostly depends on your budget. But if you plan to play games at all. Your laptop should at least have a dedicated GPU to it. Maybe a 1050 or 1060. But if you're going for straight gaming and not many multi workloads then it would be better to use an Intel CPU.

But if your going for a mix of both then go for an AMD CPU.

But if you tell me your budget range I will help you find one.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been shopping for laptops lately, and I don't know if I should buy brand new or take a chance going with refurbished. I know a new product will of course be more 'reliable', but a refurbished one will be a bit cheaper.

Not looking at any hardcore gaming so don't need crazy specs, just enough to run older games like Borderlands 2, COD: Black Ops, Burnout Paradise, etc. So what kind of specs should I aim for would you say?

Since you would be running old games a laptop with i5 6th Gen , 16 GB RAM and a dedicated 1050 GPU would be awesome. I wont suggest getting a refurbish laptop but rather buy a new one. Nvidia will be releasing new GPU series this month so laptops with last Gen GPU have a price cut. Btw what your budget for laptop ?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This mostly depends on your budget. But if you plan to play games at all. Your laptop should at least have a dedicated GPU to it. Maybe a 1050 or . But if you're going for straight gaming and not many multi workloads then it would be better to use an Intel CPU.

Yes budget definitely matters but if you're going the refurbished route, it's best to get a mac bud (Mac mini). It's .

I once got a refurbished Laptop from Craigslist. .

It lasted a few months but yeah, reliability on the macs is unreal.

My refurbished Mac Mini is 5 years old and still going strong!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You will not get a guarantee from refurbished lapys. It better to buy a new one. If you don't have a budget then go for a mini laptop but don't go for refurbished ones

Back