Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Bypass passcode?

Extreme Coder - Delphi
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey there, just a few days ago a friend of mine bought a iphone from craigs list (brand new). We went together to inspect it and everything looked fine the box was even sealed. We were both in a hurry so he paid the guy and we set off. Once we reached home, we opened the box and found out that it was a second hand iphone 5, which had scratches and had a passcode locking the phone. We tried to contact the seller, but the number does not dial anymore. I've been searching for ways to bypass this passcode so we can use it or find out more about the phone, we think it might be stolen. Is there anything we can do ?

Reaction score
Re: [iphone] Bypass passcode?

Take it to the PoPo - If it's stolen they'll tell you, but you won't get any of the cash back.

though as far as i know simply connecting the iPhone to your PC and wiping it in iTunes should fix it.

Trust your senses
Reaction score

connecting the iPhone to your PC and wiping it in iTunes should fix it.

That wouldn't really help with figuring out more about the rightful owner of the phone. I don't think he'll still want to use it for anything, especially not with the scratches.

Reaction score

That wouldn't really help with figuring out more about the rightful owner of the phone. I don't think he'll still want to use it for anything, especially not with the scratches.

Well he just got scammed on craigslist (/gasp!) so either you give up the phone to the Police & they will get it to the rightful owner (you lose whatever you spent on the phone), or you keep the phone and wipe it and just make-do with the scratches.

Extreme Coder - Delphi
Loyal Member
Reaction score

When I try to wipe it, it still needs a passcode !

Back