Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Compiling in 2003 literally kills my computer (Cross post from /f483/

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Have anyone experienced this? Whenever I try to compile the FlyFF source, applications tend to freeze. My CPU dosen't increase at all.

I use Win7x64. My specs are decent, so that shouldn't be the problem unless some of it dosen't synergize well with VS2003.

Made a topic in both sections, as it might be hardware, and the sections rarely gets any decent replies.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh, so sorry I didn't see this before!

If it helps, list out your PC specifications. Are you running any virus applications in the background? If so, list those out to. Also, which program are you using to compile the source?

If applications tend to freeze and it bogs down heavily, it points to either a corrupt program, a memory read error, or just a bogged down CPU (WHich really wouldnt be the case, in this situation).

What type of hard drive are you using? If its an SSD, compiling doesn't work all too well on an SSD, its those small files that cause them to slow down and make the computer think its freezing (Depending on the application size).

Reaction score
if you're a serious coder/developer for private servers do yourself a favor and run a windows xp 32bit VM. Saves tons of hassles as that's what all the games we work on were developed on :)

Not to mention Olly and other goodies don't like 64bit yet.

Back