Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Decent VPS Host?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've been considering XZ Networks as I've seen them about for a while and they seem pretty reliable and I've seen good reviews about them and they're support service is good.

I've seen reviews on OVH but I don't really want to go down that road, same for HostKey as both I see some bad reviews about support + set up time etc.

I just would like to know what you guys think, and please only rate a host with your experience, not just because they 'look' good.

Things I'd like to know about them:
- How much uptime
- Support service
- Set up time
- All the other basic stuff we need to know

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
But I've never seen a problem with XZ? And do OVH set it up for you for a charge? Or is it free..

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Their kimsufi servers have setup fees, the higher end dedicated servers don't.

OVH isn't for the light heart-ed, if you don't know what the duck you're doing, then don't get a server at ovh, because they aren't going to hold your hand.
As someone who currently works in that field, I'll go out on a limb and say. "They don't have time for that, because I don't, and I don't handle anywhere near the number of servers they do."

With that being said, OVH has some really good prices for the hardware they provide, but they aren't the only cheap shop in town(so to speak).
I've been trying out their vps services, it appears to randomly reboot without warning.
Other then that, the hardware behind it runs better and faster then anything you'll get from anywhere else.
Reason being, they run VMWare, which goes without saying. They have the best virtualization software on the planet, if you weren't told, you wouldn't even notice they were vp servers.

You seem like the type who wouldn't really know how to maintain a server and would more or less expect the server provider to wipe your nose when you sneeze(no insult intended some people simply aren't gifted).
If that's the case, I highly advise against OVH or any big named dedicated server provider, because they stick behind their "unmanaged" advert passionately. You'll whine about no support, all the while ignoring what unmanaged means.

TL:DR
BlueVM, Their prices are good, but their up-time has been complete poop since I've been with them, support is pretty decent though.
OVH, Prices are the lowest I've seen with the hardware they provide, support will more or less be non-existent.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think it's very unfair to say that about me when you have no clue who I am, as actually, I do know how to maintain a server the only bit I am confused on is what host to get, but thank you for your reviews. I'm still undecided on what host to go with.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for XZ Networks. I've used a server and proxy from there multiple times and never had a problem. Fast response, very nice support, server is ready in under an hour at most, fast and near perfect up-time :):

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would recommend DigitalOcean. I've been using them for several months now and it's been working just great. The good thing also is that you pay hourly for their services. Basically you can add balance to your account and every hour it takes a slice of that out.
They offer 20GB SSD, 512MB RAM, 1vCPU for just $5 a month, or $0.007 / hr. (You're basically paying hourly from your balance, no matter what)

This is especially great, as if you need another server for whatever reason it is, you can deploy one and cancel it when you don't need it anymore. All you're paying for is the hourly usage.

- How much uptime: 99.99%, never had downtimes on my servers at least (I haven't noticed)
- Support service: I haven't really had to contact them much, but few times. Got answered within few hours.
- Set up time: 60 seconds.
- All the other basic stuff we need to know: All is explained above.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's one:,
you can contact his skype: afitz200
One of the cheapest around.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So far I'm convinced most at XZ, anyone else got any opinions on them?

Is 400GB bandwith enough to host a hotel retro (30-70 users)? With 2GB RAM and DiskSpace 40GB?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What OS are you looking to run?

For Linux try:
For Windows try:

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Opinions on porthosts?

Horrible. I used to have a VPS with them. It's all ran by a 15 year old which doesn't have a clue what he's doing. If you run into a problem (which often occurs) the "support departement" won't assist you (at all). If you're lucky you might get a reponse within 1 week. Porthosts lacks of professionalism.

Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I ve made business with Hetzner, OVH,DDoSguard.net,XZ and many other webhosting providers so far but if you are looking for low prices and really cool quality you should check out for Bee2host. I m running 3 servers at the momment with them, they seem to have a custom developed DDoS protection which I personally love it. As for the prices you can give it a shot and look on the website if it's suitable for you.

Reaction score
No VCC Needed. Free VPS trials. You can always sign up with one if you like them.

Here's the list.:

(5 days free trails)
(5 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(14 days free trails) (15 days free trails) (6 days free trails)
(14 days free trails) (cloudshare VPS has no internet connection)
(7 days free trails)
(may be for more than one year)
(VKS) (may be for more than one year)
(5 days free trails)
(may be for 14 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)You will need VCC:windowsazure (90 days free trails)
(for one year)
(14 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(14 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(they will give you $200 to use)
(VM) (they will give you $100 to use)
(for one month) (they will give you $50 to use)
(for one month) (they will give you £15 free credit to use)
(for one month) (they will give you $15 free credit to use)
(for one month)

Other:

Reaction score
I use bee2host since 4-5 months and i am satisfied enough by them.

- How much uptime: 24/7 ofcourse.
- Support service: Live chat support and Ticket support: they respond fair enough for me.
- Set up time: about 12 hours maximum after paymeny
- All the other basic stuff we need to know: Includes some DDoS Protection , also its not reseller and has very high speed connection (hosted in EU) by OVH SAS
- OS Costs: windows 2003 & 2008 64bits = 5$ monthly and linux/ubuntu etc = free.
You can also if you want upload to them your own .iso
- You can tell them to prak your Host in EU Datacenter or US Datacenter etc.
- Once you buy it etc , contact them to open your Ports (udp since they got some protection)

check here:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No VCC Needed. Free VPS trials. You can always sign up with one if you like them.

Here's the list.:

(5 days free trails)
(5 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(14 days free trails) (15 days free trails) (6 days free trails)
(14 days free trails) (cloudshare VPS has no internet connection)
(7 days free trails)
(may be for more than one year)
(VKS) (may be for more than one year)
(5 days free trails)
(may be for 14 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)You will need VCC:windowsazure (90 days free trails)
(for one year)
(14 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(14 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(7 days free trails)
(they will give you $200 to use)
(VM) (they will give you $100 to use)
(for one month) (they will give you $50 to use)
(for one month) (they will give you £15 free credit to use)
(for one month) (they will give you $15 free credit to use)
(for one month)

Other:
Thanks bro

Back