Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Disk Spaces

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone here can help me

So recently I reformat my pc from Windows XP to Windows 7
but due to some problems , I reformat again and go back to Windows XP

The problem is that my Local Disk Space suddenly drop to 10GB!
I found out that this "windows.old and windows.old001" got like 50+GB each
which eats alot of my disk space

Anyone know how to delete them?
I tried "deleting them" but there are some errors like "cannot find specific file" then suddenly deleting will be aborted

I also tried Disk Clean Up
But it looks like it took more than 3hours and cleaning bar was like 2/10
Its was freaking too long, i think it will take more than 6hours just to clean everyone

I was looking for better way to delete them,
Anyone can help me?

I need any answer ASAP
/Thank You.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your problem comes from installing windows without reformatting the drive beforehand when there was already an old windows installation on disk

I recommend you the tool "unlocker" (current verion : 1.9.2) it lets you delete files that are usually undeletable, it should be able to get rid of the windows.old folders cleanly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bump! maybe another can help..
Archious - Disk Spaces - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your problem comes from installing windows without reformatting the drive beforehand when there was already an old windows installation on disk

I recommend you the tool "unlocker" (current verion : 1.9.2) it lets you delete files that are usually undeletable, it should be able to get rid of the windows.old folders cleanly.

This thing never happened before, was online happened when i tried windows 7
and Unlocker seems doesn't quite solve the problem

I got 2 folders from my 2 previous windows
I manage to delete 1 of them but seems like my disk space didn't change.

Reaction score
Erm you need a format. You haven't formatted your disk yet, you have simply pasted win 7 ontop of XP then pasted XP back ontop of that.

During the install when you're selecting disks you need to delete the entire partition then create a new one from all of the unallocated space. Scrap it all, start fresh.

Back