Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DVD ROM Not working with DVD-R CD's?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok well a couple of weeks ago I tried to burn a movie with a DVD-R and it worked fine. The other day I tried to burn a game for my friend it worked fine. Just 3 days ago I try to put another game for my friend on a CD since I do not have enough room, and when I put the DVD-R CD it just doesn't respond. Like it makes noises weird noises I have never heard coming from my laptop before. I tried 3 different clean empty ones but they don't work. So I try a CD-R and it works just fine... I even updated my drivers with Driver Genius 2008 Professional and it still doesn't work. I even tried using Registry Editor from a tutorial when I used to have this problem and when I tried it, it worked fine before, but two days ago I try again and restart my computer and it doesn't work... Anyways I need some sort of help cause my computer is specially made for Windows XP Media Center Edition It is an Acer Aspire 3100 Mobile AMD Sempron processor 3400+ 1.8GHz ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 DVD/CD-RW Combo, came with 512MB of ram DDR2 I bought some more and made it 3 Gigs. Anyways I appreciate anybody that can help me. Thanks.

,Alan

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mine did not work too yesterday. I had 10 Imitation's DVD-R and 10 Sony's DVD-R, but only Imitation work. I just cleaned the surface of the disc a little and done, Sony's worked.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Mine did not work too yesterday. I had 10 Imitation's DVD-R and 10 Sony's DVD-R, but only Imitation work. I just cleaned the surface of the disc a little and done, Sony's worked.

Hmm well thanks for posting but this doesn't really solve my question I have cleaned the disc multiple times and still nothing? Anyways thanks.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the porblem is your useing DVD "-R" and not DVD "+R"

mabe your dvd roms dont suport DVD "-R"

whats the DVD modle?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I checked up Acer Aspire 3100. It supported DVD-RW. Even my oldest laptop do. I think you should just replace it with a new internal burner. They are pretty cheap now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No really, has nothing to do with registries.

Back