Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

EVGA's Fully Watercooled Board

Reaction score
EVGA used CeBIT to launch a revision of known nForce 680i motherboard in a custom designed form. The guys'n'gals at EVGA teamed up with innovatek AG and will be offering a fully water-cooled motherboard for the more extreme overclocker crowd.

More here:

Looks sick but it's a shame it uses such small tubes.

NoPeace - out

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
that board looks sick much you think they will cost :eek: ?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
yea it is a nice board
i cant wait till i have the cash to buy one :)!

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's just a normal mobo. With water blocks.

And one more thing, water cooling seems to lower the temperature quite dramatically at first, but eventually the temperature rises to some intermediate. This is due to the high specific heat of water (4.2kJ/K/kg).

Reaction score

And one more thing, water cooling seems to lower the temperature quite dramatically at first, but eventually the temperature rises to some intermediate. This is due to the high specific heat of water (4.2kJ/K/kg).

Water will keep your temps lowered all the time if you have a radiator that is constantly cooling the water back down to room temp. If you just use a heat dump without a rad then sure it'll warm up eventually over time, but as long as you have a large enough radiator to remove the added heat from the water then the temps wont change much from when you first turn on the computer to having it run for 5 days.

NoPeace - out

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score

then dont use water.....they do have nitrogen thats not gonna heat up that fast

Reaction score
then dont use water.....they do have nitrogen thats not gonna heat up that fast

Yes now... How are you going to get some liquid Nitrogen? And then make a computer run with it for everyday use? You don't...

Liquid Nitrogen vaporizes very fast and the vapor in the air can and will suffocate you if you are not careful and not to mention it's flammable. So if you are not careful then boom, you'll go up in smoke.

Not to mention you need special licenses just to carry and use liquid Nitrogen and it's pretty damn expensive.

NoPeace - out

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm, water cooling is interesting, i'll have a look at it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ive always wanted a watercooling system but they always seem to come with large equipment outside of the case :/

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Yes now... How are you going to get some liquid Nitrogen? And then make a computer run with it for everyday use? You don't...

Liquid Nitrogen vaporizes very fast and the vapor in the air can and will suffocate you if you are not careful and not to mention it's flammable. So if you are not careful then boom, you'll go up in smoke.

Not to mention you need special licenses just to carry and use liquid Nitrogen and it's pretty damn expensive.

NoPeace - out
does dry ice at -96 constant sound nice??

Reaction score
ive always wanted a watercooling system but they always seem to come with large equipment outside of the case :/

Get yourself a big enough case and you can put it all in it with ease.

You can also get small kits that perform well also. The $200 Swiftech kit will mount in any case that has a 120mm fan and a open 5.25" bay.

That would be enough to cool the CPU, VRegs, and Chipsets. You don't need double or triple rads until you get into video card cooling.

does dry ice at -96 constant sound nice??

Stop posting random poop. This is your last warning. Do some bloody research before posting things!

The same problem with d. ice as you have with liquid nitrogen.

You'll constantly have to fill it. It's expensive. And it emits gases that will suffocate you if you are in an unventilated room. And it's just a pain to use. No one uses unless they want to break world records with overclocking.

A high end cascade is the best cooling you can get for a computer. It involves a AC/fridge compressor cooling another AC/fridge compressor which is attached to the CPU. A well made one will get you about -100c temps. Though it will also draw about 800w of power and cost you a grand to buy.

The next best thing would be a single stage phase change cooler which gets about -30c. Basically a cascade is a phase change cooler that cools another one. So put to and two together and a single stage is just one compressor. But yet again it'll cost you about $400 for a custom made one or $800-900 for a mass produced one. And it will also drain about 300-400w of power.

Next best thing is TEC cooling. Which will get you about 0c to 5c temps based on how well you cool it. They are highly in efficient as they will use just as much power as a phase change cooler but produce worse results. They work by sending a DC current though a pelter and one side gets very hot while the other side gets very cold. So you'll have to cool the hot side which is most of the time by normal water cooling. Since air cooling wont do a good enough job. (The air cooled TEC units that are being sold now only use a very weak TEC to adjust the temp of the air thats cooling the fins.)

Then you have water cooling. The best water cooling can do is room temp. But there are many benefits to it. You don't have to worry about condensation destroying your computer. As you will with the other forms of cooling. It is much more silent as it don't rely on noisy compressors. And it takes up less space. The downside of it is that it's expensive. A good water cooling kit will cost as much as a custom built phase change cooler, but it still remains silent compared to it and does keep your computer at room temp.

For me it's about performance to silence ratio. And with water cooling it's the best option. Sure by adding TEC's to the water loop will make it better but then I'll have to worry about condensation which making it condensation proofed involves lots of messy jell and a lot of prep work. Water is just simple and gets the job done very well and very quiet.

NoPeace - out

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
btw are thos blocks any good? at the moment i am saving up for watercooling gonna make my own setup but if thos blocks are good i might just buy them... i got the same mobo so it will fit 100%... but for the moment i gonna save

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: sage

excuse me when was nitrogen considered flammable? Yes, it can asphyxiate and cause frostbite, but that's about it.

it is flammable... but it need something like tissue or cotton to be more affective :p they then explode :D loved thos shows we had in school...

btw u ever seen the first terminator? i think frostbite is a under statement :D (i know its a movie and all and its fake but just this once agree :D)

Reaction score

it is flammable... but it need something like tissue or cotton to be more affective :p they then explode :D loved thos shows we had in school...

btw u ever seen the first terminator? i think frostbite is a under statement :D (i know its a movie and all and its fake but just this once agree :D)

Yeah I know it's flammable. Well I hope so. I learned that in my chemistry class when we made some explode. =P

And yeah... At -170 it's going to do a lot more harm then common frost byte. But then again when it's frozen solid it can be still called frost byte. =P

NoPeace - out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

frost byte.

Take a holiday away from your PC. Too much time infront of it its seeping into your mind o_o

That board looks good, and considering I wanted to get a 680i and watercool my system anyway...The only problem being would be the length of the loop, adding the northbridge and southbridge may have some negative effects as I was originally going for just gpu/cpu. What kind of tubing do those blocks use?

Reaction score

Take a holiday away from your PC. Too much time infront of it its seeping into your mind o_o

Lol... Can't really do that as all my classes are for computer. XD

That board looks good, and considering I wanted to get a 680i and watercool my system anyway...The only problem being would be the length of the loop, adding the northbridge and southbridge may have some negative effects as I was originally going for just gpu/cpu. What kind of tubing do those blocks use?

5/8 inch tubing. It's an odd size used by Alphacool.

Standard sizes are 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2.

Adding the extra blocks wont really effect your loop much. You might loose 3c tops by doing so. Those blocks are designed for low flow systems as how Alphacool systems are typically are. I wouldn't add it to a standard system as you'll have to use tons of reducers to get the mix of tube sizes.

Though they are great if you overclock and want silence as then you won't have to worry about actively cooling the passive heat sinks.

NoPeace - out

Back