Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My Forum Software :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, well I have been making multiple attempts at forum softwares for the past year or two on and off.
I have final reached a decent looking result, although it's no where near complete.

ONLY THE INDEX PAGE WORKS.

It's a community driven project, so I want to to be what the users want it to be.
So, what do you want to see in a forum software.

What I currently have:
- Simple CSS System (No Templates, you have to edit the index, which is pretty much just variables)
- It's split into variable declarations and a 3 part display system. (Language and function files, with a Header, Index, and Footer system)
- A default looking index, I need ideas to make it look unique.
- Super fast and light weight system. Around 15 files in all currently.
- Small database layout, no un-needed junk, if you need more, you can add yourself, or try to find a plugin.
- NO ACP YET, still working on that.
- Light weight default skin and theme.

Current Demo Link:

So, I need your input on what I should add, please help me come up with some stuff :p

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
also looks good ... but i think it looks like phpbb ...:)

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe have a section above 200-240px tall/wide on the top of the BB for friends chat, that way you can keep in touch with thsoe you need to.. but dont want to do it through forum posts =)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You need a good chatbox, that doesn't lag, because that software is super quick =P. Maybe you could add an update bar, so it shows the latest threads and posts, like vbulletin?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
u may also use comet chat ... just like facebook chatbox look-a-like

Nasty By Nature.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually looks really sleek, nice simple design and easy to use. Which is what you're after really, the chat box would be a nice little addition.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Even though green is not my favourite color it looks really good.

You should work on the menu bar, maybe have it change to a gray-ish color when you hover over it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The most important and highest priority feature is security. Without it, people will simply destroy your software and no one will want to use it. How good are you at SQL injection? Before you even consider writing a forum with php, you need to be very proficient with it. You should also download and test vulnerability tools against you site to understand what people will be using. A simple one that I know of is WebCruiser, but you will need to learn how to use it against your self.

Since you don't have much now, I'll just show you one example of what I mean.

Original Query:
Code:
http://litebbs.hourb.com/community/forum.php?fid=2
Exploitable Query:
Code:
http://litebbs.hourb.com/community/forum.php?fid=0%20or%201=1

Now, this is very harmless, but someone could craft a very malicious query to really screw you up, possibly delete your work, or plant nasty stuff. I suggest you take down your site and look into securing stuff more first. I know very few of the basics of web security, but finding something as simple as that means you will have a lot of work ahead of you. :) Good luck!

Back