Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gaming Computer Suggestion

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, after having this damned computer for about 7 years now. I'm finally getting a new computer, which i want for gaming purposes, but have a budget of only $500-$700 dollars.

I'm looking to buy a gaming computer that can more than handle games such as HoN, LoL, WoW, etc. and still being able to multitask with Chrome,iTunes,Skype, etc. without having any lagging issues.

I've been looking around on Google and other websites to get suggestions and ideas but everyone has mixed reviews/opinions that don't help me out that well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not looking to build a computer, otherwise i would've never posted this.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Isn't there anyone you know around you that can build one ? You'll get more performance for your dosh if you build one instead of buying a premade one.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm not looking to build a computer, otherwise i would've never posted this.

Eh? So go to Walmart and buy one their piles of poo-poo? If you want a gaming rig custom is the only way to go. Unless you buy a pre-built. But that's just wasting money. You end up with a crappy case, a crappy power supply that cant even power a decent GPU without frying, and a no good GPU to begin with. So then you need to go out and custom order a new power supply, and a good GPU when you could of just custom built it from the beginning. If you cant newegg it, then just search for the same parts on amazon/tigerdirect or whatever your fancy. You will get a bigger bang for your buck.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, i'll see if my friend would be willing to build me one.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alrighty, i'll see if my friend would be willing to build me one.

You wont regret it in the long run either. Each part is warranted directly by the manufacture. Which tends to be 2 years on most hardware, maybe less (1 year or X months on others). If you need help putting a rig together just ask. People here will be glad to give you a list of what to buy to make the best rig possible for your dollar. poop sometimes we even get in disputes with each other over trying to help you :lol: So don't be afraid that "we" are going to link you to a bunch of junk that doesn't even fit together.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright well my friend said he's willing to get me the tower including keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers thrown in for free for $500.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is say get an alienware gameing computer. But they are atleast $750 I think

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Might aswell build your own PC than fork out for an Alienware.

Unless its a laptop, then they're amazing :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ikr, and alienware is much more than $750 bud.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Custom build still tops Alienware. If your getting a desktop nothing beats a custom build. There is no spot for slacking in the system as your building the entire thing. Even DELL likes putting crappy drives and such into their Alienware machines to conserve money. Imo every computer brand is a pile of shizzz. You get more bang for your buck if you build it yourself. Compile a list of parts, order them all, in less then a week your unboxing it all like its Christmas. It also gives you pride in knowing you assembled that machine from a bunch of boxs of parts, with your own two hands. To me makes you appreciate your machine a little more then going to Staples and paying $1,000 for a $500 machine you could of built yourself. Especially in 12 months when your looking at new game titles and wondering why your machine wont run it worth crap. Because your prebuilt came with the Celeron and not the Pentium lol

Reaction score
something i looked up on cyberpower only $493, with shipping maybe a lil over $500, you can look over specs, i changed some to get better deals (some labor day specials) but you can change it if u want, but its an AMD quad core with 8GB RAM so i think you would be able to do alot on it
----------------------------------------------------
Configuration#: 1DGBNN ( )
Product Name: Back-To-School 2011 (NO MONITOR)
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower Case [-2]
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 925 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [-34]
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: Asus M4N68T-M V2 AM3 DDR3 NVIDIA Geforce 7025/nForce 630a Chipset mATX w/ Onboard Graphics and Core Unlocker, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 2.0, SATA-II RAID, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Freebies: None
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB GDDR3 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Freebies: FREE Game - Shogun 2 Coupon: Total War
Power Supply Upgrade: 450 Watts - Standard Case Power Supply
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
^ Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB GDDR3 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD).

He wont be able to do anything with that.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I updated my Budget+ machine here http://forum.ragezone.com/f116/new-pc-buying-guides-459259/index2.html#post6502757

It tacks on about another $50 over the previous build but adds in so much more gain. Also its future proof and ready for the bulldozer when it ships. Swapped out the 1TB mechanical drive with a 64GB SSD. Its worth saving the the extra little bit of money and getting something worth while. You could go cheaper on the mobo and save about $30 for a lower end of that model to drop the total price just under $700. But in comparison to the machine posted cycoextreme it just completely tears it a new one. Like Alfons has stated the HD 6450 wont get you very far. The HD 6870 is about 8x faster then that card, if not more. The rig is now capable of running every game out on at least med to high settings. If cheap is what your looking for then yes, the machine cycoextreme posted will run them games at decent detail. But for an extra $200 you can get a machine that can run Crysis, Crysis 2, GTA IV, BC2, Black Ops, DiRT 3 etc maxed out. Its well worth the investment and only breaks your $700 budget by less then $40.

Reaction score
i just posted a barebones one for under the price he was asking, he could add an SSD and a better graphics card for a lil bit more, i was just putting it as a baseline price point

heres an AMD 6 core PC option for under $700, unless you dont own a copy of Win7 64bit, but thats added under the OPTIONAL items.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f116/new-pc-buying-guides-459259/index2.html

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i just posted a barebones one for under the price he was asking, he could add an SSD and a better graphics card for a lil bit more, i was just putting it as a baseline price point

heres an AMD 6 core PC option for under $700, unless you dont own a copy of Win7 64bit, but thats added under the OPTIONAL items.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f116/new-pc-buying-guides-459259/index2.html

The Budget+ rig is a lot better then that setup. I'm sure someone else can explain to you as why. I don't feel like going into too much detail, but mostly quality and performance.

Reaction score
other than a CORSAIR PSU, i dont see much difference, the SSD i know is a bit faster on your build, but i went for budget, and the processor i would spend the extra $20 for the X6 than the X4, and the PSU doesnt leave any room for upgrading really, the X6 and that GPU requires at LEAST 700W.

and as for quality, doesnt really matter to me, its all the same, and if it messes up within a year, you have manufacturer warranty to help with that. and i also trust Gigabyte, my old desktop has thier MB in it and it still goes.

and if anyone can tell me how a quad core can outperform a 6 core CPU please tell me how.

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
other than a CORSAIR PSU, i dont see much difference, the SSD i know is a bit faster on your build, but i went for budget, and the processor i would spend the extra $20 for the X6 than the X4, and the PSU doesnt leave any room for upgrading really, the X6 and that GPU requires at LEAST 700W.

and as for quality, doesnt really matter to me, its all the same, and if it messes up within a year, you have manufacturer warranty to help with that. and i also trust Gigabyte, my old desktop has thier MB in it and it still goes.

You can run the 1055T and dual 6870's in CrossfireX on a 600w PSU. As long as you have a quality PSU like in the order. Barely any games even utilize four cores yet, let alone six. Really no sense in buying a six core yet (save $20) unless your a photo or video editor or another. Invest the money elsewhere, where it counts (quality). The 955 can run ANY game out and will be able to for future games for the next year or two, so why invest money into the 10xxT series? Especially when it has a locked multiplyer and will be a bastard to overclock, the 955 can jump to 4.0ghz right out of the box depending on how good the factory cooler is or if you buy aftermarket. Also the bulldozer is right around the corner. Personally I wouldn't ever even think of buying half the parts in your order simply because of quality. I want my machine to last a long time, even after warranty. Maybe you can afford a new machine every year, but most people cannot. My rig also leaves so much more room for upgrading. It supports CrossfireX or SLI of your choice (16x & 8x) vs your (16x & 4x). Its also ready for the bulldozer to be dropped in and go, with an advanced VRM to power and overclock the behemoth (or your current core). The board supports 6gb/s SATA so why not utilize it? The Crucial M4 has four extra gigs of space, and can peak read at 415 MB/s vs your 180 MB/s. Also you'll be lucky to get 1866mhz memory to run at them speeds on a native 1333mhz memory controller. You will only have lockups/crashes left and right unless you underclock the memory. The list could go on and on that's why I didn't wanna go into details. Tho I do agree my rig could use a bigger PSU, maybe ill update it later on and try squeezing one in without altering the price too much. Tho the 600w is perfectly enough for even the bulldozer & the single HD 6870.

Back