Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gaming Computer Suggestion

Reaction score
1. the hexa core design is able to disable 3 cores and put more power to the three other cores when multi-core isnt needed as much.
2. the only factor that i have run into in non brand name products, is how you run them, if you make them run hotter, then yes then yes they will burn out faster, but if you take care of a system it doesnt matter what you put it in.
3. You pay for a name most of the time, if you get a PSU with the same 80+ certs, same Watts, and power rails, its the same thing cept for a name, and it dont matter most of them are built in China, Taiwan, Vietnam or other 3rd world countries anyway.
4. If you dont think it would run 1866Mhz memory, then it doesnt have to have it, i just put it as options for people.
5. as far as an SSD i know the first one i put is slower, but its still faster than a traditional SSD, i was going pure Budget on that.

if you dont want to take my build into consideration, then dont, i was just putting it to show that a 6 core computer is accessable under a budget build. and if you have a computer that has lasted 5 or more years, then it has done its job, i have a desktop that i built in 2005 that has most non-brand name items in it, it is still going, and my laptop that ive had for 3 years and has been to Iraq and back is still going.

brand shouldnt matter if you know how to keep up with your computer.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. the hexa core design is able to disable 3 cores and put more power to the three other cores when multi-core isnt needed as much.
2. the only factor that i have run into in non brand name products, is how you run them, if you make them run hotter, then yes then yes they will burn out faster, but if you take care of a system it doesnt matter what you put it in.
3. You pay for a name most of the time, if you get a PSU with the same 80+ certs, same Watts, and power rails, its the same thing cept for a name, and it dont matter most of them are built in China, Taiwan, Vietnam or other 3rd world countries anyway.
4. If you dont think it would run 1866Mhz memory, then it doesnt have to have it, i just put it as options for people.
5. as far as an SSD i know the first one i put is slower, but its still faster than a traditional SSD, i was going pure Budget on that.

if you dont want to take my build into consideration, then dont, i was just putting it to show that a 6 core computer is accessable under a budget build. and if you have a computer that has lasted 5 or more years, then it has done its job, i have a desktop that i built in 2005 that has most non-brand name items in it, it is still going, and my laptop that ive had for 3 years and has been to Iraq and back is still going.

brand shouldnt matter if you know how to keep up with your computer.

Truth is you do get what you pay for when it comes to computers. There is no around it. Take the i5/i7 line up for an example its not $200 more then the phenoms for no reason. They cost more because they perform overall better. And quality is another issue. Take ASUS's boards for an example. All the new boards feature solid state capacitors and such. Why? Because they last a hell of a lot longer then traditional capacitors. Thus prolonging the life of the board. The same goes for every other part. Where more money is invested you will get better quality of equipment. Brand shouldn't matter for a lot of things like clothes, shoes, food and such. But truth is unless you like getting picked on for wearing walmart clothes or wanna be eating ramen noodles for the rest of your life, the good poop costs money. :):

And I didn't state your build was junk. I am simply implying that I personally would trust half of the hardware being reliable. Other then the fact some of it is much slower where it counts for overall system performance. I'm giving you constructive criticism so you can improve your build. Building a solid computer doesn't take a day. Some people will tell you it only takes a few hours, sure you can assemble a complete machine in a few hours. But really it takes a few days to get a build completely solid with the top line equipment that your money can buy. No ones saying it sucks, because even I wish I had a machine like yours because mines a single core, 3gb pile of doodoo. But if I had the money I would invest into the Budget+ build.

Reaction score
well i try and not spend more than $100 on peices i dont have to, that is how i keep my PCs from costing too mush, i will sacrifice quality for money, if it lasts almost as long as the top of the line stuff, it has done its job

and i have not built this yet, i am waiting on my payment from the VA for school so i can write it off on taxes as school use :p

but i also do not need a case, CD/DVD burner, or Win7, i am only gonna get the SSD for the boot drive, i have a 500GB drive in my old computer to use, its in a full tower, which is the one i built in 2005, i am just gonna put it in one of my smaller cases i have lying around with its 60GB boot drive just to use as a spare computer

i have also added a new mobo to the pc guide, i put it for the performance options, it is still a gigabyte, but one of the higher end ones, has 16x and 8x pcie slots and will still work with either of the RAM selections

if you would keep the 6 core cpu, which build would you make with it, if you can completely keep it under $700, which is around what i plan to spend on the new build, minus the OS, Case, Fans, and CD drive?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well i try and not spend more than $100 on peices i dont have to, that is how i keep my PCs from costing too mush, i will sacrifice quality for money, if it lasts almost as long as the top of the line stuff, it has done its job

and i have not built this yet, i am waiting on my payment from the VA for school so i can write it off on taxes as school use :p

but i also do not need a case, CD/DVD burner, or Win7, i am only gonna get the SSD for the boot drive, i have a 500GB drive in my old computer to use, its in a full tower, which is the one i built in 2005, i am just gonna put it in one of my smaller cases i have lying around with its 60GB boot drive just to use as a spare computer

i have also added a new mobo to the pc guide, i put it for the performance options, it is still a gigabyte, but one of the higher end ones, has 16x and 8x pcie slots and will still work with either of the RAM selections

if you would keep the 6 core cpu, which build would you make with it, if you can completely keep it under $700, which is around what i plan to spend on the new build, minus the OS, Case, Fans, and CD drive?

I would go with my build for sake of not needing a A75 series chipset when your not even going to run a A-Series APU. The 9-Series chipset is the latest line of chipsets available, waiting for the coming of the bulldozer. Gigabyte is a good manufacture and makes exceptional boards. But I think ASUS has mastered the technology. The board in my build is the second board displayed in this video.

Also the 64GB Crucial M4 SSD will just blow past the Vertex 2 and laugh about it. Just read the rated specs and you'll laugh yourself. The Agility SSD has a lot better write speeds, but I have heard of people having nothing but problems with them. For gaming write speeds mean nothing. And for most computing in general. Even tho the M4 only has a 95 MB/s rated write speed the 480 MB/s read speed is just insane compared to any other SSD of the same price range. The OCZ Solid 3 can sustain 500 MB/s read and 450 MB/s write. Which just blows the M4 out a the water. But again it doesn't seem to last very long, or be all that reliable. Any OCZ other then a Vertex is just garbage. I would sacrifice 20 MB/s read for a drive that would last a lot longer any day. As for memory you can just chose whatever you want as long as its compatible. Its hard to chose crappy memory unless your a complete stranger to a computer. I chose G-Skill simply because they are cheap. They still use Micron D9's the same as Crucial, and every other high end memory producer. That Ballistix kit is just as good as my G-Skill set, except my set is a tad bit better because of the timings. The Ballistix kit runs 10-10-10-28 while the G-Skill set tightens them up to 9-9-9-24 for only $5 more.

Reaction score
hmm, i might wait to see how much the bulldozer CPUs will cost, and maybe i might fork out the extra money for it, i will look for updates on my build and try and get it as fast as i can for the money (sacrificing quality a lil bit of course) but i will not get cheap crap that matters

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hmm, i might wait to see how much the bulldozer CPUs will cost, and maybe i might fork out the extra money for it, i will look for updates on my build and try and get it as fast as i can for the money (sacrificing quality a lil bit of course) but i will not get cheap crap that matters

The rumor is the big boy of them all the FX-8150 will be $305 USD. Based off pre-sales in other countrys that is. Tho it could end up being more/less. Won't know exactly until launch. Tho I doubt it will be over $350 due to the fact its suppose to compete with the Sandy Bridge lineup.

Back