Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gaming PC Build?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey,
First time posting in this area, I apologize if it's the wrong section.

So anyway, looking to build a custom PC.
From my general knowledge as well as a bit of research I've come up with this build:

Looking to spend around 1000-1200 AUD.
So is this a good build for that price? Or am I just completely mental? Any suggestions help, even if it is telling me that I'm retarded and to start again.

Thanks

Reaction score
Whereabouts in aust are you? In general PCCG is always cheaper and have the widest selection.

Are you familiar with building PC's or not? If you're not too confident they have very well priced pre-mades

Also are you planning on overclocking at all or not?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Canberra
I've got someone who can build it.
I was going to overclock, thats why I went with the 4670K and that motherboard.
But hey, if I don't have to overclock then hell, screw it.

Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
here i put together a build on PCCG - comes ti $1130, but keep in mind the prices you got form that site were the lowest they could find, many were form places (like newegg) that won't ship to Aust

unless you're going high-end graphics & are trying to squeeze extra FPS out of your CPU, you don't need to overclock. stock CPU fan is fine for stock clocks, and the onboard audio is fine unless you're audio engineering.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yea, that looks good!
So as far as frames goes on lets say.. Arma 3 or Battlefield 4 on high end settings, what do you think we are looking at?
Because I can put more money in to it as I'm trying to build to last a good 2-3 years.

Reaction score
It would do well, but i'm not sure about a constant 60 FPS. If you wanted to upgrade to a GTX 760 that should do the trick, if you want to wait 2 days the new Gainward Phantom should be in stock at just under $310 as it has significantly better cooling than the other 760's at the $300 price point.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree with Rish save yourself some money and use the onboard 7.1 audio on that mobo and don't buy that sound card...which by the way is 5.1 :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, went ahead and rang up my local PC nerds and got some advice from them aswell.
Went with most of the same parts as Rishin except they recommended a better graphics card that was only 20-50 more.

Heres a like for you all.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, went ahead and rang up my local PC nerds and got some advice from them aswell.
Went with most of the same parts as Rishin except they recommended a better graphics card that was only 20-50 more.

Heres a like for you all.

no link lol

BTW if you are buying this soon, these 2 are also currently on sale at PCCG, $50 off for the Mobo & $40 off for the GPU (R9 280X) not to mention Ati gives you 3 new game titles for free

Back