Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Getting a Cheep Single core dedi but 2GB Ram =/

Master Summoner
Reaction score
its hard to find one on the net at a decent 80 USD price. I just need at least 2Ghz and 2GB RAM to host a game server.

Thanks all

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol 2ghz 2GB Ram to host a game server i think it would lag, Maybe u can use Intel Quad Core Q9300 or Q6600 and overclock it. it would be better =D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No servers that you rent on the net will use the Intel Core 2 Quad edition. Only Xeon.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
oh sorry dude, i din read the thing on the net, i thought his going to host by his own com =X, and yea no servers that is rent from net are using Core 2 Quad. All are usign Xeon

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Well if u look on the net i can easyly find Dual core ones and Quad? just for a game server LOL your an idiot for getting a quad for 1 server... Btw its a kalonline server and someone as a single 1.2 core with 2GB RAM all he said was u need at least that much to run 500-600 epopel on a 100MB line....

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well if u look on the net i can easyly find Dual core ones and Quad? just for a game server LOL your an idiot for getting a quad for 1 server... Btw its a kalonline server and someone as a single 1.2 core with 2GB RAM all he said was u need at least that much to run 500-600 epopel on a 100MB line....

I agree.

Private servers have been around long before there were any multi-core or even multi-thread processors.

A single core will do just fine, especially for just one Private server.

Also, some server companies do use Core2Quad.

Just very few, because Xeon's were designed just for servers.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I agree, Xeon was designed for servers, but even the Extreme editions outperform the Xeon. Ironic, isn't it.

Single-core servers are enough to run private servers, like a Pentium 4 or Pentium Dual-Core would be enough.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But with single core like a Pentium 4 or Pentium Dual Core, They cant support much players online at 1 time.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was trying to say, a Single Core Pentium 4 or a Pentium Dual-Core would do fine. Sorry about that.

Reaction score
This will do just fine, but you will need good ''cooling''

EDIT: It doesn't really matter what game you are hosting just install microsoft server and use it only for your server not for more

Zen

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1. depends on your game. if it runs on MSSQL it needs more resources than on MySQL
2. generally you dont need much as far as hardware goes i run a kalonline server (MSSQL database) on a pentium D 3GHz, 1gb ram and can hold about 400 players laglessly
3. its the internet connection that makes the difference. spend your money on a fast connection rather than hardware.

Back