Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Godly] downloading speed.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok well all the servers for like half of the country went down and I was downloading something at the time. And for your information this is NOT fake. I don't even know how to use photoshop lmao.
gigorga - [Godly] downloading speed. - RaGEZONE Forums

After I was done the download, 2 hours later the police came to my door asking me questions about this. I said "It's not my fault you guys had your servers down in half the country, I did not do anything to cause this problem... I was just downloading a "theme" for my computer and I've been downloading that for about a day"Because I have crappy internet 60kb a second MAX"" Then they said "Ok Thank you for your cooperation. Have a good day."
As they left I called them assholes for wasting my time.I just wanted to see who and what would somebody post about this Questions, opionions, etc.
60,000 kb is Over 65MB a second.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tbh this isn't really something that should be here, this is more random-crap than anything else.

Anyways, that download speed isn't that fast nowdays, maybe if you live in gambia.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Tbh this isn't really something that should be here, this is more random-crap than anything else.

Anyways, that download speed isn't that fast nowdays, maybe if you live in gambia.

Meh I live in Canada, and I didn't see another topic for this so I just picked hardware and Software since it somewhat has to do with software. I have crappy internet I pay let's say... 20 dollars monthly for 60 kb a second... Which is somewhat 15 seconds for 1 MB... So downloading at 65MB a second for like 30 minutes is just godly for me.

Afk: Watching live free die hard.

Reaction score
That is a completely inaccurate reading. To begin with, that download speed is not even possible. It was momentarily caused when the servers recovered, they often ignore transfer rates for a little while after and the sudden and inconsistent speed messes up you're PC's reading of the transfer rate.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ofcourse it's possible? But not that likely. But I've had like 4mb/s+ on my line but after a while it flatens out at around 2 at best.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
>.> dam faster than speed at my college and that is freken crazy fast -)

yea probly something messed up with reading. and wow cops came to check this out? dam they got nothing better to do? not even eat a doughnut?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
ok so you stopped a download then started it again while the data was in the temp folder big deal. i can do it too

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice sig.

The highest downloading speed I saw was 6mb/s, from one server to another.

Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's fast. Never knew you could do that even if uncapped.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
oh crap u get cops at ur door when ur speed is too big o_O lol? nothing like this here :D day=2mbit down/2mbit up night=10mbit down/2mbit up :/ and my max dling speed has been 8mb/s so thats hardcore o.o fastest net is in sweden some old lady owns it >.>

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The speed he is showing is 60mb/s, NOT 6mb/s. That is not possible, the fastest internet connections available today can reach a maximum of 10mb/s.
Sorry, but I just had to remark on this...
I get 16-to-20mb/s down, and 3-to-6mb/s up. Perhaps you are trying to say the average person doesn't get more than 10mb/s, but you most certainly can get more than 10mb/s. The average connection in Japan is about 67mb/s down, last I checked (about a month ago). By next year, Verizon FiOS (fiber optics) will be available in my area at $65 a month (a flat rate), for the 20/20mb/s deal (down/up).

Reaction score
Sorry, but I just had to remark on this...
I get 16-to-20mb/s down, and 3-to-6mb/s up. Perhaps you are trying to say the average person doesn't get more than 10mb/s, but you most certainly can get more than 10mb/s. The average connection in Japan is about 67mb/s down, last I checked (about a month ago). By next year, Verizon FiOS (fiber optics) will be available in my area at $65 a month (a flat rate), for the 20/20mb/s deal (down/up).

You are referring to line speed. My line speed is 17mb. The highest possible line speed is theoretically 100mb, that is the speed of your average CAT5 LAN ethernet connection. I am talking about the download speed. Online speed tests will not give you your download speed, they give you your line speed. Generally your download speed is 1/10th of your line speed (mine is 17mb, i download at 1.7mb/s max).

To clarify this, you are claiming to have a 20mb/s download speed... that means you can download a full 700mb movie rip in 35 seconds. I highly doubt that. I can occasionally do above my line speed (downloading from Rapidshare with my premium account using reget download manager) and download at 2.1mb/s and at that speed i can download a 700mb movie in just under 5 minutes.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The speed he is showing is 60mb/s, NOT 6mb/s. That is not possible, the fastest internet connections available today can reach a maximum of 10mb/s.

Yes I know it's not possible, but this has happened to me on ACCIDENT I did not intend too do this also they took away my laptop for "evidence" That's when I got pissed and took further matters into my hands. I started aruging with the police about why would they take my laptop if you already know half the servers were down in Ottawa? They said for Court reasons we have to confenscate your laptop I'm sorry sir we will return this to you as soon as possible. Well gladly they did return it to me faster than I thought and they said "Sorry for the mishaps we were mistaken." and they gave my laptop back and I said thank you. Anyways Rogers internet in Canada, Ottawa half the servers went down that's what they told me that's what I believe, I did not pause up my download or something like the other guy said. All I did was download and if you guys think that "ahh it was just for looks it probably didn't finish" Or something you are wrong It finished I put it on a CD and I put it on my computer. Anyways thanks for your comments well most of you guys.

,Alan

Edit: This was also a maximum of 5-10 minutes.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are referring to line speed. My line speed is 17mb. The highest possible line speed is theoretically 100mb, that is the speed of your average CAT5 LAN ethernet connection. I am talking about the download speed. Online speed tests will not give you your download speed, they give you your line speed. Generally your download speed is 1/10th of your line speed (mine is 17mb, i download at 1.7mb/s max).

To clarify this, you are claiming to have a 20mb/s download speed... that means you can download a full 700mb movie rip in 35 seconds. I highly doubt that. I can occasionally do above my line speed (downloading from Rapidshare with my premium account using reget download manager) and download at 2.1mb/s and at that speed i can download a 700mb movie in just under 5 minutes.
I see your mistake, Rishwin. You have mistaken bit for byte. Depending on how you have made your download manager read your download speed, you may see mb/s (megabits per second) or MB/s (megabytes per second). There is a great distance there.
So, by technicality, you are still wrong. By lack of knowing what the hell you were talking about, I am wrong, too. ^^
For megabytes, I get 2-to-4MB/s. In bits, I most certainly do get 16-to-20mb/s (and my torrent program rates the speed in bits, mind you, not bytes).

Reaction score
Yes I know it's not possible, but this has happened to me on ACCIDENT I did not intend too do this also they took away my laptop for "evidence" That's when I got pissed and took further matters into my hands. I started aruging with the police about why would they take my laptop if you already know half the servers were down in Ottawa? They said for Court reasons we have to confenscate your laptop I'm sorry sir we will return this to you as soon as possible. Well gladly they did return it to me faster than I thought and they said "Sorry for the mishaps we were mistaken." and they gave my laptop back and I said thank you. Anyways Rogers internet in Canada, Ottawa half the servers went down that's what they told me that's what I believe, I did not pause up my download or something like the other guy said. All I did was download and if you guys think that "ahh it was just for looks it probably didn't finish" Or something you are wrong It finished I put it on a CD and I put it on my computer. Anyways thanks for your comments well most of you guys.

,Alan

Edit: This was also a maximum of 5-10 minutes.

They took you're laptop because of the speeds you were getting, the ISP servers may have suggested that it was you who brought down the servers (if the police arrived it as obviously an attack of some sort which brought down the severs). I would never have given them my laptop, they need a warrant for it.

I see your mistake, Rishwin. You have mistaken bit for byte. Depending on how you have made your download manager read your download speed, you may see mb/s (megabits per second) or MB/s (megabytes per second). There is a great distance there.
So, by technicality, you are still wrong. By lack of knowing what the hell you were talking about, I am wrong, too. ^^
For megabytes, I get 2-to-4MB/s. In bits, I most certainly do get 16-to-20mb/s (and my torrent program rates the speed in bits, mind you, not bytes).

Ah well don't we have a smart cookie. Yeh i know my bits and my bytes, but i know the majority of people here do not so instead i used their descriptions - line speed (bits) and download speed (bytes) instead. I find it ALOT easier to use bytes instead of bits because that is the "measurement" used by the actual files themselves; ie. you do not have 100megabit files, you have 100megaBYTE files.

But as you can see from his screenshot, he was getting 60MB/s which is 65 megabytes per second.

I will admit though i did forget all about bits cos not many people are familiar with them so i cast them out of my mind :p

Back