Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gonna buy new desktop is it any good?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Im gonna buy new HP desktop and im wondering if its any good its 449$ this desktop i got now is pretty bad.So tell me if this one is any good that im buying im mostly buying it to play games and host MU Online Server..

Windows 8.1 64
Intel Bay Trail-D Pentium J2900 processor quad-core [2.41GHz, 2MB Shared Cache]
Intel HD Graphics
4GB DDR3L-1600MHz SODIMM[1 DIMM]
1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
Microsoft Office Trial
Security software trial
SuperMulti DVD Burner
7-in-1 Media Card Reader
Integrated Sound
HP USB Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse
HP WLAN 802.11 b/g/n Mcard (1x1)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Intel HD Graphics - Comlpete and utter crap. Can probably buy a better graphics card for 40$ at your local walmart.
Security software trial - Probably Norton, 10/10 uninstall
HP USB Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse - Thouse 10$ keyboard/mouse they send in the box, always lasts like 6months or so.
SuperMulti DVD Burner - Use WMP, burns faster with higher quality 10/10 do not use.
7-in-1 Media Card Reader - Average desktop has this, most desktop's have had this since ~2007. Still comes handy if you're a phone/camera guy.
Windows 8.1 64 - Isnt this free? If its not it should be.
1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive - Retails around 50$ new, around 15$ used.
4GB DDR3L-1600MHz SODIMM[1 DIMM] - Assuming Kingston, which is what most HP comps use, around 60$.
Intel Bay Trail-D Pentium J2900 processor quad-core [2.41GHz, 2MB Shared Cache] - Retails around 250$. Excellent processor.
HP WLAN 802.11 b/g/n Mcard (1x1) - Around 20$, cheap and overused.

TLDR; get another 4gb ram stick, a new graphics card, and use wired internet, and youll be fine.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Intel HD Graphics - Comlpete and utter crap. Can probably buy a better graphics card for 40$ at your local walmart.
Security software trial - Probably Norton, 10/10 uninstall
HP USB Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse - Thouse 10$ keyboard/mouse they send in the box, always lasts like 6months or so.
SuperMulti DVD Burner - Use WMP, burns faster with higher quality 10/10 do not use.
7-in-1 Media Card Reader - Average desktop has this, most desktop's have had this since ~2007. Still comes handy if you're a phone/camera guy.
Windows 8.1 64 - Isnt this free? If its not it should be.
1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive - Retails around 50$ new, around 15$ used.
4GB DDR3L-1600MHz SODIMM[1 DIMM] - Assuming Kingston, which is what most HP comps use, around 60$.
Intel Bay Trail-D Pentium J2900 processor quad-core [2.41GHz, 2MB Shared Cache] - Retails around 250$. Excellent processor.
HP WLAN 802.11 b/g/n Mcard (1x1) - Around 20$, cheap and overused.

TLDR; get another 4gb ram stick, a new graphics card, and use wired internet, and youll be fine.

Well see i was reading up info about the pc it said it could play battlefield 3 in HD

BTW i never use the security they give me i always uninstall it and find better security

Code:
 Windows 8.1 64
Intel Bay Trail-D Pentium J2900 processor quad-core [2.41GHz, 2MB Shared Cache]
Intel HD Graphics
8GB DDR3L-1600MHz SODIMM[2 DIMM]
1TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive

IS that what im looking for?

Price-$579.99*

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
No. It won't.

And the 2nd build is posted for $579 looks EXACTLY the same except it has 8GB of RAM. They added $40 worth of more RAM in it, and are charging you $130 extra. You tell me if it's worth it.

Then what you recommend mate?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
My recommendation is to wait and save more money....if you want to play BF with good settings you'll need a rig that costs more than $450. Optional recommendation: Build your own....don't buy a pre-built computer...you'll pay more than it's worth.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Man, my PC cost less than this and I have my own dedicated graphics card.

Intel HD graphics... you won't be gaming anything on that bro, maybe source games.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Ugh well see I won't be playing battlefield I host mu and play on same PC and I play this game called lost saga 3d mmo fighting game I don't really played very detailed games on PC like BF my cousin showed me site while back that said proccsser could run BF 3 in HD to MED detail I just need good PC in 500-600$ budget.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Ok..well lets get the basics out of the way to help us help you....

You keep saying $ so I'm guessing you mean US dollars...are you in the US?

Are you willing to build or want pre-built?

$600 can buy a somewhat good gaming computer if it's built...pre-built no way....

Do you have peripherals from your current computer? (ie: Keyboard, mouse, monitor) That can increase your computer potential if the $600 budget is all components with no peripherals.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Ok then lets get some of the basic out of the way yes im in US i do use US dollars

I have keyboard mouse and monitor <my flat screen tv xd
and i want it pre-built since i have some of stuff already bought i can get better computer.
Monolith

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Focus on the graphics card, you can get cheap prebuilt but custom computers from amazon and such. Something like a 760 would be idle, but apparently the 900 series is coming out... lol

Back