Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GPU Dedication?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can I please ask what could possibly be the problem if I dedicate my laptop's PhysX setting to only one specific processor? I have a GeForce GTX 870M and my CPU as options, and would like to entirely dedicate everything to my GeForce GTX 870M, will there be any consequences or a pro and con type of cases?

I read some stuff on the Internet and it mentions that it takes more power and cause overheats? And could I please ask what is overclocking.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Using the CPU for the PhysX frees up the GPU to simply buffer the game. Dedicating your GPU to do all will increase it's heat but not to the limit of any worries, but it will buffer slower.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks.

I kind of understand how it works logically now. It is better for me to choose games for my more superior GPU than using it on CPU such as photoshops and such, unless of course I'm doing a heavy graphic stuff.

Back