Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Graphic card temp.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello ppl,

few days ago i bought new graphic card (sparkle geforce 7300 gt), and mine core temperature is ~77c is ir normal? maybe i should buy aditional coolers for pc? -.- because am afraid it'll some day start to burn -.-

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That seems high to me...

My own 8800 runs at 65c during normal loads, gets up to 73c... when I RivaTune it to 100%, it lowers straight down to 55c idle and 64c under workload. <-- core temps btw

It -might- be caused because of a vacuum of air.. whats the current fan setup in yrou computer? 2 intakes 1 vent is the 'standard' in most common cases... sometimes pulling too much air out as opposed to not getting enough in can cause a vacuum of hot air to cycle around in the case.. same wiht the reverse, pulling too much in and not getting enough out.

Try taking off the side of yoru case and then monitor the temps.. see how it works then.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
75c when youre doing nothing, just watching at desktop -_-
77c when im using photoshop
i dont even want to know whats temp when am playing q4 or wow -_-

i forgot to mention that mine is not using cooler but radiator... so i was thinking to buy some adicional coolers :S

ty Sardaukar, from 77 droped to 61 :D now am thinking of buyng aditional coolers

Reaction score
75c when youre doing nothing, just watching at desktop -_-
77c when im using photoshop
i dont even want to know whats temp when am playing q4 or wow -_-

i forgot to mention that mine is not using cooler but radiator... so i was thinking to buy some adicional coolers :S

ty Sardaukar, from 77 droped to 61 :D now am thinking of buyng aditional coolers

61 is still high for idle temps.

And what do you mean by radiator? Are you running water cooling? If so then remount your block.

But if you are not using water cooling and it's just a "heatsink" without a fan on the card then 61c is about average for a passive cooled system. Just place a fan in the case near it and it'll cool down a lot.

NoPeace - out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i forgot how that thing is called in english, that metal thingi :D

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
definately passive cooling on it ;) Try throwing up another fan to blow directly across it.. or buy yourself a PCI GPU fan that expels air through a back port behidn the computer.. will work wonders for you ;)

Back