Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Should I keep my old graphics card and go with duel cards?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Should I keep my old graphics card and go with duel graphics card for my new pc.

I just bought a new pc and it should be delivered to my house any day now. Can I keep my old graphics card from my old computer and install it on my new computer. I know the new computer is duel graphics card ready but I only have 1 installed to save money. Can I simply just put my old graphics card into the second slot and have duel graphics cards?

Hmm.. It's an AGP card and my new computers mother board will be all pci express slots so I guess not...

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are the GFX cards the same model? They have to be the exact same except for the Manufacturer and the version (IE GS or GT)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
nope there not the same model so I guess I won't be able to do this than..

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Well, if it's a new Nvidia card you can use it as an alternate PhysX card to get better performance in physics-intensive games...

Honestly I don't know much about it. I read about it somewhere. Google it. I wouldn't be so sure it's possible though.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
8 series cards and up can utilize the physics engine, but I havent heard of just being able to use it as a Physx card. Not saying it isn't possible.

But unless they're the same model, you can't use for SLI, not sure about Crossfire but I'm pretty sure the same rule will probably apply.

Sorry.

Back