• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

need help building gaming pc 500-700$ budget

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
so i thought after the hard work ive been putting in at the factory, id treat myself this christmas to a nice custom built gaming pc. this would be my first time ever building one, so i'd like some suggestions on the best gaming rig and bang for my buck i can get for preferably 500$, but ranging up to about $700, if needed. thanks in advance for your suggestions and comments, and happy holidays!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
$500 limit at Christmas time when prices are at their highest is nearly impossible....but closer to $700 I was able to put this together...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v9wY8d

If it's too close to $700 you can drop the SSD and survive with the 7200 alone and save $70. This platform would give you an adequate gaming rig with a good base for future upgrades.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thanks for the quick feedback. looks like a nice system and similiar to what i was thinking about. i was thinking of waiting till sometime soon after xmas to buy, when prices are dropped... what would you recommend as far as that goes?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would upgrade the gpu to a better one R9 290X or something similar....if money left over maybe upgrade to the 8 core bulldozer or an i7

Back