Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help][PC] Google Chrome causing major laptop lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ever since the other day, every time I use Google Chrome is lags my laptop something shocking. It causes my CPU to go up to about 50% and my RAM usage to go upto 60-70%. I haven't installed anything except a theme which I've since deleted.

Things I've tried;

Clearing my browser of all cookies, history etc etc..
Re-installed Chrome from nothing
Asked google for answers and got nothing that worked.

Anyone have any ideas? It mainly only happens on sites that use shock wave such as RZ, YouTube etc etc.

Reaction score
Does it happen ONLY with Chrome? Every other browser is fine?

If it's only Chrome -
Uninstall chrome & all components. Delete the root directory afterwards. Install CCleaner and run registry cleaner. Backup & delete all issues found. Run the cleaner again, no need to backup just delete. Then try re-installing Chrome just by itself, no addons.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Does it happen ONLY with Chrome? Every other browser is fine?

If it's only Chrome -
Uninstall chrome & all components. Delete the root directory afterwards. Install CCleaner and run registry cleaner. Backup & delete all issues found. Run the cleaner again, no need to backup just delete. Then try re-installing Chrome just by itself, no addons.

Just Chrome. I did un-install it, delete all folders to do with it and run a cleaning program my laptop has and nothing was found. Not quite sure what else is left to do. I'll run a few windows scans and see if anything is broken/missing elsewhere.

Reaction score
Did you read those:

Also try to disable the malware and phishing functionality under the options under the setting area.
and press shift+esc for google chrome task manager to see which exactly site causes it etc.

also u can try to use malwarebytes to clean the system up etc.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
K a r L i - The second I tried using the Chrome task manager, chrome said it had crashed then next thing I know this shows up and my laptop crashes;

FatalLulz - [Help][PC] Google Chrome causing major laptop lag. - RaGEZONE Forums

I ran a windows scan and it looks like a lot of my Windows files might be messed up.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've fixed chrome using too much CPU by getting some help from there support.

The blue screen error is a problem caused by playing DayZ. For now, all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back