Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone been hit with this QVO6 virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well,

Logged on today, opened up chrome to find all this QVO6 stuff. Did some research and it's a virus thing.. I've removed it all from google chrome settings, but it still takes me to their custom home page.

Has anyone else had this and if so, how did you remove it? I've tried everything (Remove it from chrome, restore data, installed av and removed some infected files) but it still takes me to their bloody page and it's annoying. It's slow, filled with ads and pop-ups.. Weird.

What makes it weirder, I haven't downloaded anything in over 3 months and I always download via mediafire and Steam.. Plus, all files get scanned so :l Bugger.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I stop using Chrome, i just my antivirus is causing this to crash. This must be the cause.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could even try to scan while in safe mode. I have done this a few times and virus scan has found things that it didn't before in normal mode.

Reaction score
I assume you can still access the web through alternative browsers like Firefox or some such?

If so, have a look here :

If you are having trouble to get to that link, here's a PDF of that post :

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@ChewBecca I tried scanning via safe mode, it finds the files, but can not delete them. It requires authentication when I'm the only user. So I've no clue what to do there..
Kreeate I've tried a few things they said. I scanned my laptop and found this;

FatalLulz - Anyone been hit with this QVO6 virus? - RaGEZONE Forums

But like I said before, the files can't be touched. It requires some authentication. My computer has gone really slow and crashes a fair bit now.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't really uninstall much as this is a EduStar laptop :)

I fixed it how ever, I copied Norton from my other laptop over and used it to sniff out the files. Also managed to speed it back up quite a lot. Hopefully it stays like this.

How ever, if anyone else gets this, use AdwCleaner, I tried that as well and it cleaned the files up as well. It's #1 on the list. Easy to do and free.

Thanks everyone :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have to uninstall and reinstall chrome. I've been hit with one similar.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Actually i had to deal with a pc that somebody asked me to check out, if i recall spyhunter 4 is what i used to remove it,
Though some manual stuff had to be removed from register by hand.. that is if i recall correctly. it was a week or 2 ago so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back