Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Holy Cows - Laptops with more than 16GB Memory ram wow

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I just found this and I was like OMG 16 gb ram, it's like a personal dedicated server at your house
Anybody else found amazing laptops with 16gb of ram :O

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
>>Looked at the price
I'd rather get a desktop.

That's unless your a hard-core gfx, and require it on the go.

Reaction score
that is nice. you the hell that will not say that they don't like it if they had a chance to have it am i right ?! :))
good specifications!

Umm, no.

I have 2 laptops which combined cost me LESS than the price of that, which both have BETTER specifications than that.

Having 16GB of RAM doesn't make it any faster or better than a laptop with 8GB of RAM.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just came in here to wave my e-penis around in the form of my laptop.

Had it for a year already:
Intel 990x Hexacore i7
12 gb DDR3
dual ATi 6870m's
Raid 0 intel SSDs

and it only needs two 300 watt power bricks

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
just incase your live under a rock,it runs on 32 gb of ram and it's not diffrent from a laptop with 8 gb of ram.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
servers need to be "cool" and laptops run rather hot.

I can vouche for that. My laptop when a game is running usually runs at 95 degrees C. Yeah, thats horrific. And that is with both intake and outtake vents cleaned, clear and in access of fresh cool air.

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How much RAM can Windows 7 even utilize?

Is it even worth it to go beyond 8GB of RAM yet?

Reaction score
Windows 7 can handle more RAM than you can physically put into a home desktop PC, and more than it can ever use.

With 8GB of RAM you can effectively turn Pagefile off because you won't be using that much RAM like, ever. So with 16, 32, 64GB... It's so people can brag, that's about it. Only a very small pertentage actually have a use for it.

Dell knows people love to have bigger e-peens, which is why they charge $1,000 for their 16GB RAM Alienware upgrades. Because just like the OP has clearly shown us, some people start salivating at the thought of all that RAM and think it justifies doubling the price.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alienware's high end upgrades are plain outrageous it's irritating how they charge 2.000 bucks for 32 GB Ram in a laptop! for 2000 bucks you could get a desktop with 32 GB Ram and high end CPU, high end Graphic card and a big hard drive with money to spare

Uses for 16+ GB Ram :

- RAM Disk : Makes a virtual Hard drive that effectively runs on RAM which boosts whatever is in it to beyond SSD speeds for near 0 loading times on games or software
- Virtualization for developers
- 3D modelling and rendering
- To use as a server
other than that it's just standing idle, personally I only ever reached 6 GB of Ram consumption at once while working

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i have 16gb on my gaming pc & my server

Back