Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

i5-4690k or FX-8350 Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thread title pretty much sums it up, Mostly going to be for gaming and maybe a little bit of editing here and there. What do you guys think? I'm having a hard time choosing. It'll be paired with a GTX-780 btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Going by personal experience (well, from my brothers' personal experience) I'd go with the i5. He used it in his old build and never had any issues with it.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Normally I would argue the performance to dollar ratio of the AMD chips....but being Microcenter is having a huge sale on this very chip (I purchased 3 already) as of RIGHT now...I have to say the i5.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Screw what they're saying.

It's all what you depending on using it for. If you're gaming. Go i5, if you're multi-tasking, then amd. Simple choice. I went amd some years back, and haven't touched intel since.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well theres a little more to it than that Supicioso....that also depends on your RAM...you can put a FX 9590 on a rig with 4gb of RAM and attempt to live stream while 1080p gaming....but your gonna have a bad time.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This website is what i use to look at things like that haha:

Yeah Intel is more powerful than Amd on many fronts. But Amd has good price. So it depends what you want to do price wise.

Also

Amd CPU's are like 100 bucks cheaper.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Think this question has been answered quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back