Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Intel Celeron N2840-processor

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi so I'm thinking of buying a new laptop, I wont be playing games on it, but however I will be coding for C# and Java projects on it. So my question here is; Is intel celeron N2840 good or bad for coding? The laptop itself is Lenovo with 8gb RAM.
I don't really know much about processors, but I currently have a amd a4-vision, and its working very well.

Thanks in advance.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Celeron N2840..
Really bad, score is lower than 2 thousand.

It's a really bad CPU. And old.
better using Intel i3 or better..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What about AMD processors?
Plus I asked a few friends and my friend got an intel celeron, and he says that he cannot have several things open at the same time.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What about AMD processors?

CPU's from AMD? Naahh, GPU from AMD is good, but is an ISIS Bomb (because the high temperature overflow...)

Ironically the best actually GPU (in my opinion for on-board, price/points) is Intel IRIS. That's fine.. Also Nvidia GTX-9000+

Intel is now in the hash tag: #MoreSmartCPUS and #NotMorePowerableCPUSButSmartCPUS...

The Intel is apposting a lot in Virtualizations, Accelerations, and Smart CPU Calculations. The Intel i7 4th gen has a lower rate in benchmark (in calc per sec) tha the i7 from 3th gen. But is better in "smart" techs..

We going to a new era hu3

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I need a computer to program that can last 6 months, and must not be slow. I usually have several applications on at the same time. Is an i3 enough for this? I currently have a amd a4 vision and its good.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Around $400-500. Just need it for 6 months tho.

I actually changed my mind, im willing to spend up to $800 maybe little more. Which one of these do you guys recommend: HP Pavilion 15,6" FHD, AMD A10-8700p, 8GB RAM & 2GB graphics OR HP 17,3" AMD A8-7410, 8GB RAM & 2GB graphics. Are these any good for programming? Im also always multi tasking so ye.

Thanks in advance!

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Around $400-500. Just need it for 6 months tho.

I actually changed my mind, im willing to spend up to $800 maybe little more. Which one of these do you guys recommend: HP Pavilion 15,6" FHD, AMD A10-8700p, 8GB RAM & 2GB graphics OR HP 17,3" AMD A8-7410, 8GB RAM & 2GB graphics. Are these any good for programming? Im also always multi tasking so ye.

Thanks in advance!

HP isn't soo good. Also called as the super flamed notebook.

I say to you, a good choice is Dell, in second palce Lenovo.

Back