Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Issue with Laptop - suggest Boot up CD ?

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm in no way knowledgeable when it comes to problems with computers... [I pretty much just know how to turn then on :eek:tt1:].

Anyways - my laptop's having some issues, and I think it's due to a corrupted Windows file that's needed for booting up. NP really, since I just use that laptop for browsing.

Tried to reinstall Windows with a total format of the HD, but it kept giving me some partition error shenanigans.

So, before I come to the conclusion that the HD on the laptop is fucked up... could anyone recommend any Boot up CDs with hd saving utilities on it, like a hd scan and repair check... or whatever?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm in no way knowledgeable when it comes to problems with computers... [I pretty much just know how to turn then on :eek:tt1:].

Anyways - my laptop's having some issues, and I think it's due to a corrupted Windows file that's needed for booting up. NP really, since I just use that laptop for browsing.

Tried to reinstall Windows with a total format of the HD, but it kept giving me some partition error shenanigans.

So, before I come to the conclusion that the HD on the laptop is fucked up... could anyone recommend any Boot up CDs with hd saving utilities on it, like a hd scan and repair check... or whatever?

Windows cd should allow you to go into recovery mode. Open up cmd from there and do a chkdsk.

Aww, you looking here? <3
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tried that, getting this error or sorts:

"Error reading SMART Data: An error occurred while performing an operation on '320GB Hard Disk' (ATA WDC WD3200 BEVT-00A(DRT0): The Operation Failed"

Details: Error retrieving ATA SMART Data: Helper failed with Exit Code 1: Failed to read SMART Data for /Dev/SDA: Operation not supported

Any ideas, or is my HD screwed?

Reaction score
if you can get into the BIOS, try and see if your laptop has HDD SMART capabilities, if it does, try to turn it off, it might help the error from the SMART data retrieval, all SMART is is an error reporter for the HDD so its either u messed the SMART up with the reinstall or the HDD is trashed

Reaction score
well did u try doing a "repair" of windows or a full format reinstall, i would say if its a partition reading error you would have to fully format the HDD and try again, if not, id say the HDD is fuxed

Back