Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laptop up to 1500 EUR

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to buy new laptop, but I don't know which one. Here are some specs what I need:
  • HDD 7200 rpm
  • SSD at least 128 GB
  • RAM at least 8 GB
  • CPU Intel i7 Broadwell 4-cores
  • Resolution 1080p or higher
  • Backlight EN keyboard with numeric keys
  • 15" or bigger
  • Thin (below 3 kg)
  • GPU - I don't care
  • Long battery life (~4 hours or more)

I want to use it for work, not gaming.

Now I have MSI GS70 Stealth Pro, but I want to change it.

I am waiting for your suggestions.

Reaction score
Several laptops which you could look at:

Dell Inspiron 7000 Range,
Dell XPS Range,
Apple Macbook Pro's / Macbook Air's,
ASUS Zenbook and other Range,
HP Omen,
HP Envy,

^ all with 15" Screens or larger. (Excluding Air)

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Several laptops which you could look at:

Dell Inspiron 7000 Range,
Dell XPS Range,
Apple Macbook Pro's / Macbook Air's,
ASUS Zenbook and other Range,
HP Omen,
HP Envy,

^ all with 15" Screens or larger. (Excluding Air)

Apple is very expensive if you will compare performance and price. I would like to buy a new DELL (for me it's the best brand), but I didn't find Inspiron or XPS with 7200 rpm HDD and SSD.

Reaction score
Apple is very expensive if you will compare performance and price. I would like to buy a new DELL (for me it's the best brand), but I didn't find Inspiron or XPS with 7200 rpm HDD and SSD.

Dell Inspiron 15:

Dell XPS 15:

They have SSD's

I don't know if they have rolled out updates to all areas yet.

OH you want both? - Just buy an external hard drive, its unlikely you will find a form factor with both hard drives in.

Reaction score
Yes I want both - HDD + SSD like it is in my current laptop.

Don't know any major brands which have both in their laptops and have a thin form. I guess what you can do is find a laptop which has a Optical Disk drive and then remove that and replace it with a HDD or a SSD.

<-- Dell 17" with Optical Drive.

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't know any major brands which have both in their laptops and have a thin form. I guess what you can do is find a laptop which has a Optical Disk drive and then remove that and replace it with a HDD or a SSD.

<-- Dell 17" with Optical Drive.

Yes I see that I will have to do that. Anyways thanks for your replies.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i advise

Search on lenovo

high options there with Really good prices and good warantee

lenovo good but company not famous like DELL HP thats why little low prices

Reaction score
How about this:
ASUS G750JX-T4199H ?
Its a gaming laptop ;3 and 1200euros in my country.

• HDD 7200 rpm
  • SSD at least 128 GB
  • RAM at least 8 GB
  • CPU Intel i7 Broadwell 4-cores
  • Resolution 1080p or higher
  • Backlight EN keyboard with numeric keys
  • 15" or bigger
  • Thin (below 3 kg)
  • GPU - I don't care
  • Long battery life (~4 hours or more)

I want to use it for work, not gaming.

The laptop linked is a gaming laptop, it exceeds the specs the OP wants, it's heavy and the OP wants thin and light. A lot of money to waste where the OP wont use it to its full abilities.

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It can be gaming laptop, I don't care. I am working also with graphics, but mostly programming, so I need good CPU. Most important things are for me - CPU, HDD + SSD, thin, backlit keyboard with numpad and long battery life.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It can be gaming laptop, I don't care. I am working also with graphics, but mostly programming, so I need good CPU. Most important things are for me - CPU, HDD + SSD, thin, backlit keyboard with numpad and long battery life.
What you're requesting for doesn't almost exist. Except the alienware laptops.. but those are so expensive.
Gigabyte P35W v2

15.6-inch anti-glare LCD, 1920x1080 (146.86ppi)
2.5GHz Intel Core i7-4710HQ (3.5GHz Turbo)
Intel HD 4600 (integrated)/GeForce GTX 870M (6GB)
2x 128GB SSD, 1TB HD (7200rpm)
16GB DDR3L RAM

Last edited:
ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What you're requesting for doesn't almost exist. Except the alienware laptops.. but those are so expensive.
Gigabyte P35W v2

Well, it exists, I already have it, but I want to change it for another brand, because I have a lot of problem with my current MSI GS70 Stealth notebook, I already asked company for a claim, but they told me, that everything is ok with my notebook so I can't do anything with it. Battery is f*cked up - when it goes down to ~30-33%, notebook will die and I can't turn it on anymore, I need to plug-in charger. Wifi has random "crashes", hardware virtualization didn't work on newer BIOS, I have to use almost 4 years old version of BIOS...

Btw, does anybody know any news about new Dell Inspiron 17 7000? When it will be relesed and what versions will be available? If there will be non-touch series or it will be the same as new Inspiron 15 7000 (there are only touch series laptops)? On is written "New Inspiron 17 7000 Series Laptop", but it's still an old version.

Reaction score
Well, it exists, I already have it, but I want to change it for another brand, because I have a lot of problem with my current MSI GS70 Stealth notebook, I already asked company for a claim, but they told me, that everything is ok with my notebook so I can't do anything with it. Battery is f*cked up - when it goes down to ~30-33%, notebook will die and I can't turn it on anymore, I need to plug-in charger. Wifi has random "crashes", hardware virtualization didn't work on newer BIOS, I have to use almost 4 years old version of BIOS...

Btw, does anybody know any news about new Dell Inspiron 17 7000? When it will be relesed and what versions will be available? If there will be non-touch series or it will be the same as new Inspiron 15 7000 (there are only touch series laptops)? On is written "New Inspiron 17 7000 Series Laptop", but it's still an old version.

The Dell Inspiron 17 7000 only update was on the Processor, to 5th Generation.

Reaction score
Oh, I thought they will make whole new 17 7000 series like 15 7000, damn.

I would buy Inspiron 15 7000, but I really don't want laptop with shiny touch screen, I preffer matte displays.

I got the Dell 17, the screen is a gloss - only in the outside, with the sun shining on the screen makes the display unreadable, almost every other situation its fine :)

ImperiaMuCMS CEO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I got the Dell 17, the screen is a gloss - only in the outside, with the sun shining on the screen makes the display unreadable, almost every other situation its fine :)

I had Dell with gloss display too, but I always saw myself in the screen, so that's why I don't what this type of display anymore, only matte/antireflex.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

IPS

you might want to check reviews on newegg before buying any of these (asus for example)

Last edited:
Back