Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laptop Ideas

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any good laptop suggestions that isnt more then $1,000 it is for gaming not alot of games just starcraft 2 on the go and a few others like minecraft so any laptop suggestions been looking at asus mostly the G73H thats about all i got inside my range so any other ideas? it can be low or price i would think lowest is $600

Last edited:
d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah ordering online i found it for 980 off of amazon for the 1tb hd found cheaper with the 500gb in it i have a 350 external so the 500gb might not be too bad.

(not ordering yet might be the gift i ask for graduating highschool)

Reaction score
yeah ordering online i found it for 980 off of amazon for the 1tb hd found cheaper with the 500gb in it i have a 350 external so the 500gb might not be too bad.

(not ordering yet might be the gift i ask for graduating highschool)

1. Where are you ordering it from? Newegg has them for cheaper.

2. It has 2x HDD slots, so the 1TB version has 2x500GB HDD's. You want this because if you get the one with only 1HDD, there will be no HDD bracket for the 2nd HDD slot, it will simply be empty. So you'll have to purchase one separately from the ASUS site for like $25.

3. RE: your PM, yes it does only have about 100mins battery life, but it is a desktop replacement. You will not find a single 17.3" i7 laptop with a 5870 which will have more battery life than that. Those components simply require too much power. To give you an idea, the power supply for an Asus G73JH is about the size of an ACTUAL desktop PSU.

You have to realize that a "gaming laptop" is non-existent. They simply do not exist. What you are wanting to buy is a desktop replacement, which is exactly that; It replaces a desktop PC, but at the same time it requires the same amount of power to sustain those high-end components.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Keep saving and get a G74SX-XN1 then you will be envied by all. Or go with a G73 which is still decent, tho the extra money makes a huge difference in specs.

Pro

Extreme

Reaction score
Keep saving and get a G74SX-XN1 then you will be envied by all. Or go with a G73 which is still decent, tho the extra money makes a huge difference in specs.

Pro

Extreme

The price literally is double though. There's no way the G74 is worth double, not when the 5870 already plays everything at high-max.

If you look around you can also find G73's with a full HD screen and/or a better CPU or more/better RAM so i don't see the point in paying that much.

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not a replacement desktop just somethign to play starcraft 2 and minecraft on the go is all i want and i cant go over 1000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The price literally is double though. There's no way the G74 is worth double, not when the 5870 already plays everything at high-max.

If you look around you can also find G73's with a full HD screen and/or a better CPU or more/better RAM so i don't see the point in paying that much.

Because for less then $200 more you get 12 gigs of ram, and a 560m that blows the HD 5870m away. Kinda a no brainier. That's if your looking for an e-penis the size of no other. I would go with the G73 only because of the huge $400+ discount from being pre-owned. But at actual retail price the G74 isn't much more then the G73, with huge spec improvements.

Not a replacement desktop just somethign to play starcraft 2 and minecraft on the go is all i want and i cant go over 1000

If you wanna save some money this will do all you want and more.

If you plan on spending the full amount you can grab a SSD to slap into it to replace the 5400 rpm drive.

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If i had the money i would look into the other ones but oh well ty for the suggestions i lol'd cause a guy said go with alienware. I would never :p

Reaction score
Because for less then $200 more you get 12 gigs of ram, and a 560m that blows the HD 5870m away. Kinda a no brainier. That's if your looking for an e-penis the size of no other. I would go with the G73 only because of the huge $400+ discount from being pre-owned. But at actual retail price the G74 isn't much more then the G73, with huge spec improvements.

The prices aren't comparable though, the RRP price quoted for the G73 was the original "brand new" price from before it was discontinued more than 18 months ago. The prices dropped down to $900 as soon as they started selling refurbished units.

The G74 though only just came out a few months ago and is around $1,800.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Almost forgot, if you plan on getting one superstar911 get one from here. You will nail a few more bucks off.

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wasnt sure if i made this clear but it doesnt have to be asus if u were suggesting asus because u thought so... so yeah it doesnt have to be a asus laptop if u have any other suggestions i got a whole year to wait.

Reaction score
1 year? Then why are you making this thread now? The laptop that we would recommend 1 year from now probably isn't even on the market yet. It probably hasn't even been made yet.

We are recommending ASUS because for the price, there is absolutely nothing which can out-perform those laptops, especially since they are refurbished so they are in a much lower price bracket than they should be.

In 1 year, perhaps the G74 series will be at the $900 price mark. Maybe. There's no way of knowing.

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah well not a full year like june ish like i said its for my graduating gift so i just wanted to get an idea never looked at high performance laptops.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like stated tho, by then there might be a G75 with 18GB ram, 250GB SSD, i7-990xm, GTX 680m or something or another... :w00t:

Back