• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Laptop screen to PC/TV Screen

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is possible to somehow convert a signal to digital and use it on a laptop screen? I'm looking to use a laptop screen that I got from a friends old broken laptop that he let me take the screen out and I'm not sure how to get it working for the intented purpose. I know that laptop signals must be 100% digital but how would you go about doing so? Anybody know of any converters? The screen is a packard bell make. The connectors are like so:

1x Small connector, 11 pins

blue
black
white
black
yellow
black
brown
orange
red
green
black

In that order, second connector has two rows with lots of pins, and many without any cables going into them.

Any ideas fellow ragezoners?

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thats a standard VGA plug, the reason there arent any pins in a few is because they arent needed. Are you trying to rewire and completely replace your old screen or something? Or is this the wired ribbon plug connecting the screen to the internal GPU?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wired ribbon plug to internal laptop GPU. I'm just trying to make the screen work with either my PC via VGA/DVI or to my Xbox via S-Video. I've already got the screen out of the laptop and brought it home.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think you may be missing the point. I'm not looking to replace the laptop screen but to adapt it to a new usage. I need some way to change the power cable and data cable to VGA and S-Video and allow the monitor to work on those formats. Cheers

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is there a model number and manufacturer marking on the LCD panel?

You can usually find the pinout and other specs on the manufacturer's site.

Chances are that it's using a protocol other than standard analog VGA or DVI.

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
...what are you looking at? If it's still inside the casing, open it up and look at the manufacturer's label on the panel itself.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright, I have the screen out of the plastic shell now, the markings are:

HT15X31-100 (On a label, large font)
PKT03710011016837 (Same label, small font)
15X31096FN0371004555 (Different label with a long barcode on)
LCD(HYU):M13000020360-C-H (Small label with small barcode)
HT15X32
44-800088
>PC< [2] (Above 3 engraved into plastic, very small font)

Ideas?

EDIT: The model number is indeed HT15X31-100, I typed it in wrong before but I cant find any pinouts, nor has it been mentioned on how to make this work on a xbox and PC screen =/

Back