• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[LEAK] Upcoming Playstation Codenamed “NEO”

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
According to a few tech blogs there is reportedly a new PS4 in the works which is apparently offering around 4.19 TFLOPs of horsepower. The new PlayStation, codenamed "NEO", is expected to offer a 36 CU Polaris-based GPU - which means it's going to be using the 14nm FinFET process - increased clock rate to 2.10GHz on the CPU, with increases on clock rate on both the memory and the GPU in comparison to the PS4 currently available. There's a table below explaining things side by side.

My opinion: With the recent news surrounding AMD, it looks like they're going to make one hell of a come back since for the past few years they have been losing huge amounts of money. I honestly hope things go well for AMD so that there will be more competition between Intel, AMD and Nvidia. I would not be surprised if Microsoft also release another new Xbox to close the gap between the latest Xbox One and the PS "NEO".

Read more by clicking .

NoBrain - [LEAK] Upcoming Playstation Codenamed “NEO” - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Back