Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for Stylish slim yet powerful laptop for VideoEditing/3D rendering and coding

Extreme Coder - Delphi
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've recently landed into a lump payout of 5 grand, and I'm looking towards purchasing a new laptop for my studio. So currently I have an overpowered pc running i7, 32gbram, 3x3tb HDDs + 256ssd, 2x Nvigita gtx 780. My studio is mainly for working on video projects and 3d projects, but recently I also expanded to mobile app development (which doesnt need fancy specs).

I'm also looking for this laptop to be stylish, slim similar to that of a macbook pro.
My requirements are :
1) i7 processor
2) atleast gtx 750m (gpu)
3) 16gb ram

Aside from video production, the app development scene primarily focuses on IOS devices, so that being said OSX is needed to code for that platform. But that being said, I can settle for a windows laptop and run vmware and code through OSX virtualization.

Right now im either going towards the new macbook pro 15 inch or the razerblade 14. If you guys could give me any suggestions it would be much appreciated !

Thanks !

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro Retina 13" with customized 16gb ram that was approximately $1600 but with Intel i5 but is the latest version. I just recently purchased the MSI GS60 Ghost mine was $1599 there are various ones but it is very slim and strong with good ventilation from what I've heard and not from experience because it has yet to come I think today.

As for the Macbook you're going into mobile app development so it would be good for iOS mobile development. I was planning to use the Macbook for that, but I personally think the macbook is overpriced for it's specs, I've realized I paid for the brand and the laptop case than the specs itself but I admit that it boots fast considering flash storage. My downfall is it's performance with games, and most open source stuff, and recent programs do not support mac and only windows.

But I do game, and I do code at the same time. And I hate laptops that are heavy and slim without good ventilation. That's why I chose to go with MSI GS60 Ghost you can check it out. There's also a GS70.

The GS60 can have 850, 860, 870 graphic cards I think 880 too. I'm not sure about the 880. But, there are various versions.

If you are planning to buy new try gentechpc which has pretty good deals and use coupon code student if your a student.

Back