Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 - Free?

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
Alright so for one of my classes I need Microsoft Visual 2010. My school offers it to me for free, but in order to get it I have to register for an email from the CS Tech, find the Ducking website, purchase it (free of charge) receive an access code, and then go to the CS Tech and show him my school ID with the access code for a CD..

....Anyways.

Anyone know where I could just get it for free? Like a torrent? And it doesn't show up on the programs I code that its.. illegal?

Thanks guys.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your looking to "pirate" it? If so I can send you the master key, and you can just download it straight from microsoft. But if your looking for 100% legit I guess the only alternative is using Express or the trial.

Ball like Wall
Reaction score
Yes, pirating was my intention. Hopefully there's no FBI watching in right now..

Anyways I'd love the masterkey if you'd be so kind :')

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright so for one of my classes I need Microsoft Visual 2010. My school offers it to me for free, but in order to get it I have to register for an email from the CS Tech, find the Ducking website, purchase it (free of charge) receive an access code, and then go to the CS Tech and show him my school ID with the access code for a CD..

As much work as it sounds, do this. You won't regret it years later when you have a legit copy of a non-express editions of MSVC you can legally use that you don't have to pay for. When I went to college, MSDNAA was so much fun to get stuff that I can still use now! You should also grab anything MSSQL related. I ended up downloading the entire MSDNAA archive when I was there, and got a lot of useful stuff I still use today (this was like over 3 years ago).

Also, the Visual Studio Express Editions are available for free from Microsoft, so those are really convenient to use. However, there are certain limitations with C++ that don't make it ideal for any advanced development (Resource Editor, MFC, ATL) but it's usable for most other stuff just fine. If you are using something like C# of VB.Net, the express editions are pretty much all you need until you get into a lot more advanced stuff and want to take advantage of the extra IDE features.

Back