Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nvidia GTX 980 and 970 release today...Titan power at 1/8th the price?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nvidia released the next generation of graphics processors today, namely the GTX 980 and 970, and with it comes the next generation of Maxwell architecture which brings new power to efficiency ratios never before seen.

Only requiring 165W while outputting 4k resolutions and clock speeds that give the R9 295X2 a run for it's money gives the new GPU's a foothold at the top for now.

Selling at around $600 US means it's within reach of regular gamers such as myself, but it would appear to have the power of more expensive GPU's on the market. I'm excited to see what AMD fires with in response to this in the war of GPU sales. This can only mean good for us gamers meaning more power at lower prices.

For more info links are provided at bottom.

Monolith - Nvidia GTX 980 and 970 release today...Titan power at 1/8th the price? - RaGEZONE Forums

Monolith - Nvidia GTX 980 and 970 release today...Titan power at 1/8th the price? - RaGEZONE Forums

Sources:

Reaction score
My overclocked 750 Ti plays Star Citizen on Very High settings at 1080p at as far as I can tell great FPS (don't know if there is a meter on there!) while playing the racing simulator. So like, I'm not sure what the point of upgrading is? Though it is using Maxwell, so that must be a beast, I don't know why gamers would need the extra horsepower. However my room does go up about 15 degrees while doing it, so yeah, I guess a more efficient card would help on my room temp :p

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my GTX 660...when hardcore gaming my room gets warm as hell...nice in winter...not so much in summer LOL

Fraps and Nvidia Shadowplay have FPS meters built into them...so you can check :)

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not all titan's are $900...I used the most expensive one for effect...

Back