Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Office Applications

Reaction score
Microsoft Office is definitely the best pack to find, as to whether it's worth it, that all depends on how much you will use it, and how your income is. Unless both answers are something like "a lot", than you are better off getting Open Office.

I wouldn't use online stuff, especially not from Google. Privacy is something that Google doesn't give a flying duck about.

Reaction score
Microsoft Office is definitely the best pack to find, as to whether it's worth it, that all depends on how much you will use it, and how your income is. Unless both answers are something like "a lot", than you are better off getting Open Office.

I wouldn't use online stuff, especially not from Google. Privacy is something that Google doesn't give a flying duck about.

I'd say google does care about privacy, the fact is by keeping you stuff private, but using that data to give you more accurate ads, makes them as a company worth more. If they just spread your private data around, not only would they get raped even worse by courts, the data would be worth far less. A secret is only worth something while it's a secret!

Plus it makes sharing documents with family/friends/colleagues a lot easier. I prefer it to dropbox as you don't need any special programs to open stuff.

Reaction score
I'm not a terrorist though, so I doubt the NSA could give two fucks about me. The UK government already tracks everything online, it has warehouses full of hard drives, so yeah. The only information you should have online is data you wouldn't mind the government knowing. I guess I could be just projecting my own ideals and standards onto others, but if the knowing everything about me means the catch a terrorist who could have killed people, its kinda a small price to pay. In the end all I can do is trust the system admins, I'd trust the geeks of the world before the politicians and the rich, and they have far more power.

Just don't be female and taking nude photos of yourself, and you'll be fine!

Reaction score
Or have sensitive information online, which tends to be the case with documents, if they somehow get out, you will be fucked.

As for the idea that they are gonna catch terrorists this way... please... this is the oldest shenanigans privacy breaking story in the book. Terrorists don't upload their plans to bomb a parliament on Google Drive, OneDrive or whatever. They are just not that stupid.
The lack of privacy is not because they want to catch them, it's to get every little of info about you and I, so if we do 1 thing wrong, they know just about anything to know about you.

Reaction score
I seriously think you are overestimating the intelligence of terrorists. Just because we know fine well we are being tracked, many people who are less tech inclined have no idea. You have to remember we only hear about a very small number of cases, I bet there is tons more where releasing the details would give terrorists ideas. So we get to hear about underpants bombers and poop lol.

But yeah, its always been a case of understanding the risks for each service and tech. If I never want to be hacked I'd run Linux, but I like games. I don't care if the government reads poop on my google account. When I'm downloading I have my VPN on. Security isn't required all the time, its just a matter of working out when you need it. Plus I wouldn't be shocked if ms were syncing documents up to their service as some sort of crash recovery thing anyway, lol.

Reaction score
Real terrorists are intelligent, otherwise they are just suicidal dumbasses. If they were so easy to pick up, how is it that the US keeps spending billions, yet are constantly behind on finding them.

Also with all the information that is out there, only a complete Special person would be caught like that.

Don't think MS does that, there are instances where I would have liked it (though in general, I really don't want that). Of course when you use OneDrive, it does do that of course.

So yeah, OpenOffice is still a really good pick, if you don't mind paying, go Office and if you don't mind getting your info used by MS, use OneDrive, because it does work well with it.

Back