Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Which PC Should I Go For?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone today im here to ask you. I'm going on a cheap budget for a gaming pc right now. I'm wanting to be able to play a game called tera online low to med graphics im not asking for high cause that will require some good specs but im gonna eventually build Monolith 450$ gaming rig. But for now i want to buy either one of these two pcs .

Im now trying to find a pc that cost 338$

I need these pc to be able to play games like battlefield 3 on low to med detail with no frame rate drops.

This Is My Current PC Which Doesn't Run Most Of My Games To Smooth.
aDSOHq4 - Which PC Should I Go For? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it would be better for you to just upgrade your cpu&gpu for your current setup.

I'm not wanting a laptop anymore i want to upgrade to a tower to make things im simpler on me. I'm starting to hate laptops a lot there just not powerful enough which one do you think be better 1st one or 2nd?

I say the 1st one seems like a better idea.

Reaction score
I'm not wanting a laptop anymore i want to upgrade to a tower to make things im simpler on me. I'm starting to hate laptops a lot there just not powerful enough which one do you think be better 1st one or 2nd?

I say the 1st one seems like a better idea.

Oh I didn't notice the M on your processor. I was under the impression that you were already on a desktop. Yeah I would go with the first one, but you could build a much better one with that budget.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would eventually upgrade i just need something thats stable for now.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its way better then the current one i got though. But yes i relize i haft to upgrade later on. But i buy new mother board for it later on. But will it be stable enough and better then my laptop?

Reaction score
Its way better then the current one i got though. But yes i relize i haft to upgrade later on. But i buy new mother board for it later on. But will it be stable enough and better then my laptop?

So far any desktop PC after 2010 are better than a laptop... or was until recently nvidia released GTX 980M which is rumored to compete with the desktop version ... except in a laptop.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So i should go with the first one for now? And just keep upgrading it?

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So far any desktop PC after 2010 are better than a laptop... or was until recently nvidia released GTX 980M which is rumored to compete with the desktop version ... except in a laptop.

It's just 980, no M at the end. It is a desktop full-on 980 GPU in a laptop.

My question to OP is why don't you save up more instead of upgrading every couple of months, which with those builds you more than likely will end up doing. And why are you going the pre-built route? Unless you have little experience with building PCs?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's just 980, no M at the end. It is a desktop full-on 980 GPU in a laptop.

My question to OP is why don't you save up more instead of upgrading every couple of months, which with those builds you more than likely will end up doing. And why are you going the pre-built route? Unless you have little experience with building PCs?

No trust me i have lots of years of experience in building pc's and replacing etc... But i just need to make payments on a pc my family and me are going through a rough time so i wanted to get something that was better then my laptop but once it was payed for i was just gonna upgrade off of Monolith 450$ gaming rig. And then later on put nivida graphic card etc.. with intel processor i just wanted that be stable and was not my laptop cause i hate laptops i wanted a tower.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Neither of those mobo's will upgrade to an AM3+ processor (IE: Bulldozer/Piledriver processors) an A-10 processor would be the best you could go and those suck. So I personally would not pick either. No upgrade options without an entire mobo replacement.

It might be better if you give us the webpage or webpages you could get the credit from and what your highest monthly payment could be and let us look them over.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Neither of those mobo's will upgrade to an AM3+ processor (IE: Bulldozer/Piledriver processors) an A-10 processor would be the best you could go and those suck. So I personally would not pick either. No upgrade options without an entire mobo replacement.

It might be better if you give us the webpage or webpages you could get the credit from and what your highest monthly payment could be and let us look them over.

Any webpage that accept computer payments and i don't mind upgrading the Mother Board later on. I just need a better computer then this crappy laptop. I will eventually upgrade to your 450$ gaming rig said once again. I can only pay around 80-90$ a month. I think the first one is decent. I will eventually upgrade them. But i need something more stable then my laptop.

I'm just gonna buy the first one and just keep upgrading it. And just sell my laptop make money from it and upgrade the desktop :)

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So you made your decision already? (per your edit)

Because for around $50 a month you can get an Alienware that you won't have to upgrade for at least 4-5 years and will play AAA games in 4K resolution.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i look into that one Monolith i took apart my old laptop how much do you think i could get for the

ram - i say around 80$-8 GB
fan - 10-20$
wifi card - 10-20$
screen - 60-80$
cd rom- 10-20$
Model ProBook 4545S
My laptop messed up again so i just decided to take it apart and sell it :)

i was gonna take that money and put it towards that alienware computer.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Alright guys i ran into a slight problem i only got 300$ in my paypal credit i can only spend up to 280$ for a pc
it needs to be on if anyone can help me find one it would be very nice. i haft to make monthly payements
for that 280$ pc so if anyone can help thanks!! i know its a lot price but you guys are great at finding good pc's i buy
a better one later on.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't know where you are from or if it's normal for someone to purchase used parts like that, but where I'm from no one would buy those, especially at prices that are near brand new.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you help me find a new PC bro on ebay for atleast 359$ ? i need one thats decent cause my laptop fully messed i hate windows 10. But do you mind thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mod Close Thread Thanks Everyone For The Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back