Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Screen keeps freezing?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
simple fix.. buy a new laptop.. or go to a geek store where computer professionals are located at instead of asking on a gaming site,lol.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
simple fix.. buy a new laptop.. or go to a geek store where computer professionals are located at instead of asking on a gaming site,lol.

A) If you don't have anything that actually helps...why even post?

B) This isn't a gaming site...it's a development site.

C) There are a bunch of "computer professionals" here...why pay if we can help him?

If you check the 100's if not 1000's of previous threads where people had issues...it's quite uncommon for one of us to not figure out the issue and get the person back on track.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You said, sometimes the laptop crashes, do you get a BSOD (blue screen)?

Yes actually it does. I can't get enough time to take a photo using my phone, how ever it does say something about RAM Memory overload failure. I've always had problems with the RAM crashing/100%'n for no reason here.

Looks like this, but not fully, it has less words and different words.

FatalLulz - [PC] Screen keeps freezing? - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
'deadman1234 has a little shameless behavior in the past' lmao really ? can you refrain from being butthurt towards me ?
although i don't expect much when almost everyone in this forum is a mod/supervisor and whatever else there possibly is and/ or is in the works of getting said position..
pretty much if you do happen to say something someone doesn't like they'll more than likely be one of those i mentioned and will probably end up getting you punished over them not being able to handle close to anything.
If this were to be a system where everything is properly done i.e. if you want someone to get punished over something you better have sufficient proof/or stacked up proof over the time.
this is also being said from what i have so far seen over time silently and quietly -> Join Date - Nov 2013. not as long as others but in my opinion is more than enough time to see how some things are.
also if i can figure out a way to see once again who reported me/ gave me a bad rep because of a comment that in their eyes wasn't the 'best' i will post it here so that everyone can see who & for what reason they did unless they come and reply themselves about it here.

@Monolith
A) If you don't have anything that actually helps...why even post?
why does it not help ? I said go to some professional to look into the problem[which should cost nothing] fixing the problem on the other hand may cost.

B) This isn't a gaming site...it's a development site.
Development of games.. not a fix computer site.

C) There are a bunch of "computer professionals" here...why pay if we can help him?
they can figure out what the problem is yes but if it is a problem that is only solved by paying it would then be pretty pointless for this no ? going to the 'computer professionals' would then be the fastest solution because you'll be getting an answer as to what the problem is and how to fix it[typically]

If you check the 100's if not 1000's of previous threads where people had issues...it's quite uncommon for one of us to not figure out the issue and get the person back on track.
only thing that i agree with

Last edited:
• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Yes actually it does. I can't get enough time to take a photo using my phone, how ever it does say something about RAM Memory overload failure. I've always had problems with the RAM crashing/100%'n for no reason here.

Looks like this, but not fully, it has less words and different words.

FatalLulz - [PC] Screen keeps freezing? - RaGEZONE Forums

First, RAM cannot crash, just be out of memory or faulted by any memory address errors.
What would be interesting is to know: When your screen freezes, and a YT video goes on, can you pause the video when everything is frozen, so is the operating system really fully working in background with no lag? Because even when you assume everything keeps running, the laptop could freeze. Streams will still run in some rare lags.

Now, lets try to help you
· do all the BSOD tells you (CHKDSK /F /R) - the solution might be so easy.
· due the fact it looks more like a software problem (to be specific, a driver problem) your display driver is maybe corrupted, update it, for security reasons, update all your drivers as good as you can, they all referencing the Ntfs.sys in their code.
· Start your windows in . Please tell me if the screen freezes and BSODs occur in the windows safe mode, too. No matter what the result is, report it here and keep on this list. When testing in safe mode, you should try to use your laptop a bit. So it might be useful to start the safe mode with network driver support, so you can surf a bit and watch some YouTube videos in a pretty awesome screen resolution, just let's hope your network driver is not the bastard here. Just try to keep your laptop a bit busy in safe mode.
· Another application (virus) could do such things in your RAM that might even cause those display errors by interfering into the display drivers core. It's hard to imagine, but you should download the and see what applications are running, and by who it's running. The lower part of the task list window shows the processes that are started by your profile or the all-users-profile and not the system. Google for some names and kill all unnecessary processes to minimize the sources the problem comes from. Try to find the source application when it turns out your problem is fixed after killing nearly all processes. (Off-Topic: )
· let's assume the RAM is really broken (you can skip this step when you did not face any problem in Windows safe mode): download , burn it, boot it, run it ... 7 times - if you encounter any error, try only one RAM each until you get the bastard, additionally you could try other RAM to find the faulted RAM (harder on laptops ...)
· still nothing better? Then lets face it deeper in the next paragraph.

Due the fact you got a BSOD, you can find out what system application that causes. As first, you should of windows. Keep it enabled for at least 24 hours, but take sure it's enabled when you get freezes again and keep it up until you get your next BSOD. After that zip C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP and C:\Windows\minidump. Upload it, and provide it here. Don't forget to run verifier /reset afterwards. With the Windows Debugging SDK me or any other expert can find out what at least the BSOD is caused by, which can lead to the source of all problems as mentioned above.

Sadly, I'm not the best debugger of such files, but I want to try it, otherwise we still can report those dumps to even higher experts, don't worry.

Last edited:
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First, RAM cannot crash, just be out of memory or faulted by any memory address errors.
What would be interesting is to know: When your screen freezes, and a YT video goes on, can you pause the video when everything is frozen, so is the operating system really fully working in background with no lag? Because even when you assume everything keeps running, the laptop could freeze. Streams will still run in some rare lags.

(Off-topic: good work on taking a picture of that BSOD)

Sadly, I'm not the best debugger of such files, but I want to try it, otherwise we still can report those dumps to even higher experts, don't worry.

I didn't take the picture, google did :p: Yeah, everything still works fine, can pause videos, can type, can exit things, click things etc etc.. Just it doesn't update on the screen. It's stuck frozen. My school computer tech did BSOD scans today for me and nothing came back faulty. No virus's, no broken registry files etc etc.. I'm putting it down to the OS (stupid edustar). Once I'm done school I'll wipe it and set it to normal Windows 7 64BIT.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
I didn't take the picture, google did :p: Yeah, everything still works fine, can pause videos, can type, can exit things, click things etc etc.. Just it doesn't update on the screen. It's stuck frozen. My school computer tech did BSOD scans today for me and nothing came back faulty. No virus's, no broken registry files etc etc.. I'm putting it down to the OS (stupid edustar). Once I'm done school I'll wipe it and set it to normal Windows 7 64BIT.

So it's not your BSOD, my bad. If re-installing does not help, I still suggest you to take part of my list, as BSOD scans cannot help to find viruses or broken registry files. You should at least test your RAM and provide dump files, as last thing I would assume those both problems are not connected to each other and the freeze is a hardware screen problem.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So it's not your BSOD, my bad. If re-installing does not help, I still suggest you to take part of my list, as BSOD scans cannot help to find viruses or broken registry files. You should at least test your RAM and provide dump files, as last thing I would assume those both problems are not connected and the freeze is a hardware screen problem.

Now that you mention it, I did have my screen replaced as it would suddenly go black at random stages. Thinking about it, I only started getting these problems after that. It's most likely one of the last things to check. I'll speak to my school tech tomorrow and get him to check it out. This particular build has had screen problems so it might be that.

Other wise I've no clue what could be happening. I'm not really a computer fix person ._.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I did have my screen replaced as it would suddenly go black at random stages. Thinking about it, I only started getting these problems after that. It's most likely one of the last things to check. I'll speak to my school tech tomorrow and get him to check it out. This particular build has had screen problems so it might be that.

Other wise I've no clue what could be happening. I'm not really a computer fix person ._.

Check that out, yea. Otherwise, I gave you a list you can go through. :D

Reaction score
It's simple. If you have 2 sticks, take out one, start using the PC, see if the BSOD happens again, if it does, put back the other one and take out this one, once again see if it works. Buy another stick, a cheap one, so you can test it with a fresh and new one. My guess is your RAM stick is damaged.

Otherwise some laptops tend to have a really badly made connection to the monitor. After a lot of usage it goes nuts, and in some cases short circuits stuff in your PC. If that's the case you should get that checked out as soon as possible, and stop closing and opening your Laptop too often.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's simple. If you have 2 sticks, take out one, start using the PC, see if the BSOD happens again, if it does, put back the other one and take out this one, once again see if it works. Buy another stick, a cheap one, so you can test it with a fresh and new one. My guess is your RAM stick is damaged.

Otherwise some laptops tend to have a really badly made connection to the monitor. After a lot of usage it goes nuts, and in some cases short circuits stuff in your PC. If that's the case you should get that checked out as soon as possible, and stop closing and opening your Laptop too often.

I wouldn't touch anything in my laptop. I'd break it. I'll wait till I do a factory restore in a few weeks then see if the problem persists. I'll also make it 64-BIT and not 32-BIT then as well.

Back