Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

My new PC spec

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just want all your thoughts about my new PC specs that I was able to afford.

Case: COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE

Processor (CPU): AMD PHENOM II X2 560 (3.30GHz/6MB CACHE/AM3) - BLACK EDITION

Motherboard: ASUS® M5A78L-M/USB3: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s

Memory (RAM): 8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

Graphics Card: 1GB AMD RADEON™ HD5670 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - DX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk: 500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive: 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader: INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply: 350W Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan

Processor Cooling: STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER

Sound Card: ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options: 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

Price (excluding VAT): £384.20

Price: £461.04

Maximum Required Power: 329W

I was also wondering if this machine would run a few good games on ultra or medium setting such as WoW, Crysis 2 and future games like Guild Wars 2.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
1400 x 900 is my current resolution, but I normally play on Windows Mode of something like 1280 x 800 or something.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That is a really good system and should run WoW with no problem, Crysis too!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
thats poop, i got 1GB ram and its better than all that

Spam much? Reported.

@OP
Decent mini rig. Im sure you can run WoW and all that at decent frame rates. I wouldn't expect that its future proof if any. I guess you could always upgrade to quad core and a bigger video card later which will give you a wider range of games that will be playable. Tho the PSU is too weak for a bigger video card anyhow. I would just enjoy it for maxing out games like BF2 and playing WoW on decent settings and such. You might be able to play Crysis 2 at decent graphic levels, if not max low settings. But should run none the less. Download and install it, and tell us how it goes. I guess that's the only sure way to know for sure, since people also have comfort areas, when it comes to fps. Some people don't mind playing @ 20fps. While others cant stand anything below 40fps.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Spam much? Reported.

@OP
Decent mini rig. Im sure you can run WoW and all that at decent frame rates. I wouldn't expect that its future proof if any. I guess you could always upgrade to quad core and a bigger video card later which will give you a wider range of games that will be playable. Tho the PSU is too weak for a bigger video card anyhow. I would just enjoy it for maxing out games like BF2 and playing WoW on decent settings and such. You might be able to play Crysis 2 at decent graphic levels, if not max low settings. But should run none the less. Download and install it, and tell us how it goes. I guess that's the only sure way to know for sure, since people also have comfort areas, when it comes to fps. Some people don't mind playing @ 20fps. While others cant stand anything below 40fps.

Thanks man.

When I start my college I will be getting a large loan to pay for maintenance (terms: living fee) so I'll be able to spend more on upgrading it in the years to come seeing as I'll be attending college for 3 years.

My plan is to increase the PSU to 550w and the graphics card also.

My current rig is horrible the graphics card recently died. Its downgraded to a lower spec 3 years ago because of the motherboard dying so the one I had replace it had only 2 slots for DDR2 and 2 slots for DDR3 ram, unfortunately I had 2 x 512MB and 2 x 1GB RAM sticks DDR2 that fit my old motherboard.

The graphics card was a nVidia 8600 GTS 1GB and ran games like WoW on low-mid on 1280 x 800.

Processor was Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz x 4. No idea on the power supply though, but its if stronger than the 350w I'll clean it out and replace the new one.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its great to have a AM3+ ready board. If you save up enough you can drop a bulldozer into that and it will get up and go with it.

Bulldozer
PSU
Video Card

And you will be maxing out games in no time. Tho them 3 things will cost about as much as your entire rig did. But being separate and not demanding them. You can upgrade one by one when you got the money. After all that you should look into getting a small SSD about a 60gb. Big enough to hold Windows 7 and all your games. Swap over the 500GB for storage.

Back