Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How much is my PC worth?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I have an custom built PC, but recently I've just realized that I would benefit a lot more of a laptop.

So I'm wondering what price would you put on my PC?

Case: BitFenix Shinobi XL, Full Tower
PSU: Corsair 800W Gaming Series GS800 2013 Edition, ATXV v2.3-v
CPU: Intel i5 2500K with Katana 4 SCKTN-4000 cooler
GPU: Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
RAM: 4x 4GB Kingston HyperX Predator 1866mhz DDR3
HDD: 1x 500GB 2x 250GB (Total 1tb)
MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX2, LGA1155, Intel Z77 ATX

This setup is around 1 year old, except for the HDD's.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How much did it cost you when you built this rig.
Take out a few dollars and sell it? 1 year old is good.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Every build worth as much as some1 can pay for :D

Its pretty good build for current game's/home needs.
Sexy case, gtx 760 easily run new games at med/maxed settings, cpu can be always overlocked "K", ram well just perfect.
HDD? depends on user :)

I bet you still got warantys 1-2 year left for some parts.

i would go for 650-800 $, range depends on you, thats my opp.

Cheers.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
How much did it cost you when you built this rig.
Take out a few dollars and sell it? 1 year old is good.
In total, it cost me around $1400.

Every build worth as much as some1 can pay for :D

Its pretty good build for current game's/home needs.
Sexy case, gtx 760 easily run new games at med/maxed settings, cpu can be always overlocked "K", ram well just perfect.
HDD? depends on user :)

I bet you still got warantys 1-2 year left for some parts.

i would go for 650-800 $, range depends on you, thats my opp.

Cheers.
Thank you. Considering the price I paid, I guess I could get $1k, since the parts in Finland are ridiculously high priced. But I don't think I'm going to sell it after all, since a decent laptop that is capable of not only work related stuff, but is also capable of running games costs a lot.

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
$1400? Damn what a rip off.
Hardware out dates very fast, so I'd say -50% of the price you paid for all of it.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hardware out dates very fast, so I'd say -50% of the price you paid for all of it.
CPU 225€, GPU 279€, MOBO 100€, RAM 80€, PSU 116€, processor cooler 26€, Case 150€.
976€ = $1346, in total what I paid for the parts.

But $600, nowhere close to what I need. I'll just keep the PC and start saving for a laptop.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Schematic i know +- how much you gave in compare to 1yr ago prizes, but what i meant is current prize of ur parts.

Idk hw about Finland, but i can buy there gtx760 for about 200-220eu, case for 50-100eu (gladius m40 nice*cheap one), CPU/PSU depends on user, if some1 doesnt care about OC
he can go for i5 4570 for like 180eu? and psu... 450w? thats why i gave you average like this, 750-800 $ fit nicely, but i gave you minimum as well, u know
some people sell things so cheap, or doesnt want buy used for too high, when they can build smilliar for very close prize.

Anyhow i understand you stay with your current pc & save for laptop, perfect move, because after all if you doesnt abuse pc too much, its nice build
for "current times" home usage, and laptop w smilliar specs wouldnt be that cheap, peace y0.

ps. idk why you r going to buy laptop, but if only internet, maybe consider tablet as well :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
@Schematic i know +- how much you gave in compare to 1yr ago prizes, but what i meant is current prize of ur parts.

Idk hw about Finland, but i can buy there gtx760 for about 200-220eu, case for 50-100eu (gladius m40 nice*cheap one), CPU/PSU depends on user, if some1 doesnt care about OC
he can go for i5 4570 for like 180eu? and psu... 450w? thats why i gave you average like this, 750-800 $ fit nicely, but i gave you minimum as well, u know
some people sell things so cheap, or doesnt want buy used for too high, when they can build smilliar for very close prize.

Anyhow i understand you stay with your current pc & save for laptop, perfect move, because after all if you doesnt abuse pc too much, its nice build
for "current times" home usage, and laptop w smilliar specs wouldnt be that cheap, peace y0.

ps. idk why you r going to buy laptop, but if only internet, maybe consider tablet as well :)
Thanks for the points once again.

I am not getting a laptop just for internet, because I have my Galaxy S4 that is perfect for that matter.
The reason I want a laptop is that whenever I travel between work and home or wherever I am, I still have an access to a computer.
I'm working as a front-end developer, so being able to work basically anywhere would become handy.

Reaction score

Probably less considering it's all second hand with all the unreliability and lack of guarantees that brings with it.

For instance, the processor being a K series means people will assume that you've been overclocking it to hell. I'd personally never buy an unlocked processor second hand/refurbished. Likewise with the PSU, buying second hand ones is risky as fk.

The only things that would retain value is the case and the RAM really. The GFX card is still ok, though the r9s have greatly lowered its value. The mobo is an old socket too.

Quite simply you won't get anything close to what you paid for it. Nor should you ever expect it tbh, it's like buying a brand new car, as soon as it's been owned it's value drops like a rock.

Back