Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perks of buying gaming branded gear?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Who bought a Razer or Steelseries headset and why? I'm actually planning to buy a V2 Steelseries headset or Razer kraken or megalodon though but still indecisive since it cost a lot and it only carries its brand for its perks and there are tons of alternatives which is cheaper and better durability.

Reaction score
I think the perks of getting something "tailored" to gaming specifically is that some of them are designed in a way that gives comfort during long sessions and is the only thing I would look to first for headsets. For the most part a lot of them are just sold at a higher price for the brand name.

I've owned a Logitech G15 headset for several years now and I still take it with me on LANs and trips but I never use the headset itself anymore, just the microphone. The headset gave me a lot of discomfort after long sessions, the quality of the sound was lacking in bass which is something I really aim for and the surround sound worked only in certain games since it was emulated. I only use earphones and the G15 mic now for gaming on the go, at home I use my 5.1 speakers and G15 mic.

If using speakers isn't an option for you, I would recommend getting a good pair of and a desktop mic or a small mic you can wear.

If you really want to stick with a gaming headset, get something wireless, the bonuses of wireless are worth it and the technology has gotten far better as such it's no longer dog poop quality.

Back