Planning to open a cybercafe

MemberRank
    May 2018 Join Date
    2Posts

Planning to open a cybercafe

Hello,
    I'm planning to open a cybercafe for online gaming (e.g., fortnite, pubg, csgo, etc..)
    I'd like to know more about what specs should I be looking for? What types of software do I need to maintain the cybercafe? How do I prevent customers from ruining the pc (whether by viruses or intentional)

+ if you know anything I need to take note of or advices regarding the business please let me know..

Thanks in advance for the help :).

SubscriberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    430Posts

Re: Planning to open a cybercafe

oh wow i had the same idea for a long time now in my country. For damaging files you gotta use something like the program "Deep freeze" search for it how it works. It's cool :)

True MemberRank
    Mar 2003 Join Date
    BrighouseLocation
    721Posts

Is it financially viable nowadays with how everyone has a pc tablet/console

SubscriberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    430Posts

that worried me. Better hardware/more games and "im not alone physically" are the only pros :D

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2018 Join Date
    6Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DentalFilling View Post
    How do I prevent customers from ruining the pc (whether by viruses or intentional)
    You should seek help from a Managed Service Provider (MSP) to properly lock down your systems and ensure they are regularly monitored. Given the business model heavily depends on your machines, you shouldn't solely depend on third-party provisioning/security software. There are enough tools in most modern operating systems to properly lockdown public accounts.

Two cents:
    Depending on where you host your cafe, you might not find the success you are hoping for by offering time-restricted gaming sessions. I recommend focusing on selling an "experience" rather than relying on paid access to be your only means of turning a profit.

Well I was a cybercafe administrator for a while so I can answer you a few questions.

There is a software called "deep freeze". It basically resets the PC to it's initial state (the state you want it to be) after each reset, it's a software made exactly for this purpose. Basically anything that the user installs, deletes, including viruses or even operating system, will be restored upon a reset.

MemberRank
    Mar 2018 Join Date
    42Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mucski View Post
    Well I was a cybercafe administrator for a while so I can answer you a few questions.

There is a software called "deep freeze". It basically resets the PC to it's initial state (the state you want it to be) after each reset, it's a software made exactly for this purpose. Basically anything that the user installs, deletes, including viruses or even operating system, will be restored upon a reset.
    Nice copy from google😂
    Stop being so sensitive to my comment, suck it up like a real man. Its 2018 for God sake!

True MemberRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    HellLocation
    931Posts

Hello sir,
    Deep Freeze is dated and can be cracked easily.

I suggest you start learning how to use CCBoot or other alternatives.
    Go Diskless.

The only downside is that you need a server to handle certain number of units.
    If you plan to have 200 Units, then I suggest you divide the load and have 2 servers each handles 100 units.

Again, Deep freeze is dated, go Diskless.
    If you want to have 10 units, Diskless is a bit overkill but it does the job well.

If you plan to have a server, you can partition e.g. Install the Diskless server in physical disk, then install PFSense in VMWare.
    ]In need of Awesome Custom launcher for your server?
    Click here for details
    We create Launchers for Tantra, Cabal, MU, Black Desert & more!

Quote Originally Posted by master_unknown View Post
    Hello sir,
    Deep Freeze is dated and can be cracked easily.

I suggest you start learning how to use CCBoot or other alternatives.
    Go Diskless.

The only downside is that you need a server to handle certain number of units.
    If you plan to have 200 Units, then I suggest you divide the load and have 2 servers each handles 100 units.

Again, Deep freeze is dated, go Diskless.
    If you want to have 10 units, Diskless is a bit overkill but it does the job well.

If you plan to have a server, you can partition e.g. Install the Diskless server in physical disk, then install PFSense in VMWare.
    Only older deepfreeze can be cracked. Also your solution affects performance and resources, which are neccessary for a gaming machine

DeveloperRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    /home/droppyLocation
    2,080Posts

I wouldn't, but if you do, be sure to open it in a country that most people don't have high speed internet access or high hardware prices.

Most people don't want to leave their homes, especially not to play. And everyone has internet nowadays.

If they want to play something, they will save it to buy the own computers

Subscribe | Rules
    PM Me | Add Me

Developer
    &
    Ex-Moderator

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,235Posts

For the Chinese market a special 5GB version of the GTX 1060 was made specifically for this purpose.

Also what country are you in? In certain countries going to an cybercafe to play video games is the only option due to not having enough money, internet or space to get their own computer.

Do a lot of research as its a difficult business to make succesfull.
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063
    Join the Arcturus Discord server: https://discord.gg/eDr7FKQ (You can ask help here regarding Arcturus :love)

Advertisement