Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How many processes does your OS currently have running

Reaction score
How many processes does your OS currently have running? Mine is at 40 right now with antivirus, firewall, malware protection, messenger, multiple monitor apps and more. I could get it lower but it means I would loose some additional functionality.

I've gotten a windows XP installation down to 12 before but lost a fair bit of functionality though.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
68 using windows 7.

I could get it lower by exiting some background stuff but meh.

Reaction score
This is at 80, I've got about 50 games on this though. I've got films and music, Kaspersky Anti-virus and a load of poop for coding.

That is allot, you should look into tweaking it. Games wouldn't be running in the backround taking up all that, its generally just nonsense processes such as java and other retarded third party app functions.

68 using windows 7.

I could get it lower by exiting some background stuff but meh.

Tweak your startup and services. 68 is allot IMO but then again a default installation comes with around 50 or so doesn't it?

I've attached some of my service tweaks to my setup.

Attachments

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm using ultimate , how the hell you raping your PC that much?

Well actually I just have MySQL/MSN/Skype/Hamachi/Word/firefox/excel/utorrent/peerblock/Nod32, some folders and music running ^.^ I never bothered to optimize anything for boot programs ect.

MentaL - How many processes does your OS currently have running - RaGEZONE Forums

Closing programs that im not using would probably help aswell lol.

d.^.^.b
Loyal Member
Reaction score
79 ehhh all depends on what im doing. (windows 7 ultimate)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
30-32 if i have nothing open..
using windows 7 ultimate

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Win7 Ultimate, 72 processes. Yikes. Only running Firefox too when I took this screencap

Attachments

Back