Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is some program recommendations

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey there guys and girls,

i have use installed a new OS onto my laptop and i was wondering what are some recommended programs/software that people use around this site for developing stuff as well as just chilling back and playing a quick video game.

PC Processor/RAM (if needed by any programs you recommend):

• Processor: AMD A10-4600M APU (2.30 GHz) with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 GB)
  • Installed Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB (15.4 GB Usable)
  • System Type: 64-Bit Operating System, 64-Bit Processor
My Desktop:
Abstergo - What is some program recommendations - RaGEZONE Forums

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are many programs made for the purpose of development, it depends on what you're intending to do. For example, you could use Intel XDK for developing mobile apps, or perhaps C# for some sort of computer program?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are many programs made for the purpose of development, it depends on what you're intending to do. For example, you could use Intel XDK for developing mobile apps, or perhaps C# for some sort of computer program?

ive pretty much just installed Windows (10) and looking for the programs you just need on your(my) computer as well i play on hosting and playing Private Servers on my computer so having a program that is able to edit/change common values would be good to have around.

also happen to download a lot of Games ("Demos"), Music, Videos (Anime/Tutorials) so a good torrent client and/or download manager (because downloading files sometime fail in a browser) would be great.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what kind of software you're looking for.
Like the essentials and must haves that are pretty much every computer, Best antivirus ect.. ect.. ect..

Downloaded Vuze and JDownloader 2 BETA for my Torrent Client/Download Manager.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Like the essentials and must haves that are pretty much every computer, Best antivirus ect.. ect.. ect..

Downloaded Vuze and JDownloader 2 BETA for my Torrent Client/Download Manager.

For some essentials, I'd personally recommend:

CCleaner - cleans out unused files, registry etc. Probably the best/most popular computer cleaning software there is.

Speccy - displays details about your computer as well as the temperatures of each component.

Flux - helps reduce eye strains especially if you use the computer at night by making the screen color 'warmer'.

Razer Game Booster - stops services running in the background while you are playing a game. It can add extra frames per second.

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware - removes malware and other viruses

Avast Anti-Virus - I wouldn't say this is the best anti-virus software out there, but it's just a personal preference. Others may have their own opinion on this. I use this with MalwareBytes together to make sure my PC has no viruses.

Slightly off-topic here, but how's your experience with Windows 10? Would you say it's better than Windows 8.1? Is it worth the upgrade?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For some essentials, I'd personally recommend:

CCleaner - cleans out unused files, registry etc. Probably the best/most popular computer cleaning software there is.

Speccy - displays details about your computer as well as the temperatures of each component.

Flux - helps reduce eye strains especially if you use the computer at night by making the screen color 'warmer'.

Razer Game Booster - stops services running in the background while you are playing a game. It can add extra frames per second.

MalwareBytes Anti-Malware - removes malware and other viruses

Avast Anti-Virus - I wouldn't say this is the best anti-virus software out there, but it's just a personal preference. Others may have their own opinion on this. I use this with MalwareBytes together to make sure my PC has no viruses.

Slightly off-topic here, but how's your experience with Windows 10? Would you say it's better than Windows 8.1? Is it worth the upgrade?

its better then my old windows 8 OS (never used 8.1) so i think it was worth it but you can try it out on a virtual machine to see what its like.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
vlc media player? or u watch videos online?
notepad c++ ?
steam?winrar?skype? java last?
photoshop? blender?
what do u do like to do ?

i like to do a bit of everything when i feel like it

got pot player
got notepad ++
hate steam
got winrar
hate skype
got java 7u80 (JRE/JDK)
got paint

Reaction score
Things I can't live without:

CCleaner
Putty
Chrome & Firefox
WinDirStat (like du -sh on linux, very useful)
Sublime Text
Navicat
Teamviewer
Filezilla
7zip
SourceTree & GitExtensions
Cooltweak - mass editing pictures via right click. Has some advanced options

Think thats it, off the top of my head anyway.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was going through my computer and there's so many programs I forgot to mention in this post.

Virtual DJ - editing music, adding sound effects etc.
Audacity - editing sound files/music, can even be used to record sounds directly from your computer. More technical than Virtual DJ.
Sony Vegas Pro - editing videos.
Adobe Photoshop - editing images.
Fotor - editing images with filters and effects, creating collages etc.
Inpaint - editing images, removing unwanted parts of images.
Fraps - record your gameplay, view frames per second.
Bluestacks App Player - basically an Android simulator. Lets you download Android apps and use them on your PC.
Dropbox - "cloud" software. Lets you view files between different computers and smartphones.
Gyazo - instantly upload screenshots to the internet.
HyperCam - record your screen.
MotioninJoy - use your PS3 controller as a gamepad on your PC.
TocaEdit Xbox 360 Controller Emulator - emulates your standard controller as a X360 controller. This is useful for some games that only let you play with an X360 controller.
Tor Browser - based on Firefox. Allows you to explore the 'dark web'.

Oh, I also downloaded the Windows 10 Insider Preview, it obviously needs improvements and bugfixes but it's pretty good, potentially will be a lot better than Windows 8(.1), not really a fan of the new Recycle Bin icon though.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The things I get when I install a fresh OS are
  • Firefox
  • NVIDIA GeForce Experience (Obviously you wouldn't get this though, since you've got AMD Graphics)
  • Adobe Flash Player
  • Java
  • Winrar
  • Dropbox
  • Putty
  • FileZilla
  • Sublime Text and/or Brackets
  • OBS (For recording videos and what not)
  • Mumble/TeamSpeak 3
  • Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere Pro/After Effects
  • Steam
  • Gyazo (Perfect for snapping pictures & making short gifs)
  • Classic Shell

With these I'm pretty much set up.

Oh, I also downloaded the Windows 10 Insider Preview, it obviously needs improvements and bugfixes but it's pretty good, potentially will be a lot better than Windows 8(.1), not really a fan of the new Recycle Bin icon though.
When I first saw the my computer icon from the image I thought is this guy using Windows 2000? Not a big fan of those icons either, I'd like to see them change.

Back