Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PSA: EVGA GTX 1080 / 1070 catching fire & dying

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hundreds of EVGA GTX 1080 and 1070 owners have appeared on the EVGA forum, along with reddit, reporting that their GPU's have died / caught fire. This is apparently due to the VRM's overheating. According to consumers, the VRM's have no cooling on them to help keep the heat under control. As of currently, EVGA are making adjustments to their production line and are offering RMA's or handing out free thermal pads for you to put on yourselves. As of currently it is unknown if this affects their 1060 line but just to be safe contact EVGA anyway, we can only assume it affects their entire line of Pascal-based GPU's.

NoBrain - PSA: EVGA GTX 1080 / 1070 catching fire & dying - RaGEZONE Forums

Some threads discussing this issue:

Please RMA your EVGA GTX 1080 or 1070 immediately. You can do so by contacting EVGA directly through their customer support.

EVGA Website:

More information / source:

Thanks.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Some of you may see this is a stupid question but how do I check the manufacturer of my GTX 1070? Checking dxdiag it only tells me Nvidia and had a look through all the documentation I can't seem to see any other manufacturer name on there. Does this mean it was manufactured solely by Nvidia?

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Um.... If it's an EVGA card, the top of the card has a LED that says "3VGA GTX 10x0" on it. Or open up CPU-Z and it'll tell you (see below for an example)

NoBrain - PSA: EVGA GTX 1080 / 1070 catching fire & dying - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good to know!
I was just about to purchase a refurbished 1080...

Back