PSA: Nvidia users beware; Latest driver may cause harm your PC! (364.72)

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,716Posts

PSA: Nvidia users beware; Latest driver may cause harm your PC! (364.72)

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

The latest Nvidia GeForce drivers are reportedly damaging multiple PC's around the globe with their latest driver; 364.72 Game Ready. While, personally, I haven't had any issues with my computer since upgrading to the latest drivers, there is a good chance they will damage your computer(s).

Some of the issues users have noticed;

• Computer unable to boot into OS.
    • GPU dying.
    • BSOD crashes.
    • Grey & green artifacting.
    • Flickering.
    • Visual corruption.
    • G-Sync issues.
    • DSR scaling issues.
    • SLI not enabling / working properly.
    • Shadowplay not recording.

To avoid getting these issues, stay on the driver version before 364.72 or from reddits perspective, roll back to; 358.87 or 358.91 (FO4 Driver).

You can read more about the issues here.
    Last edited by NoBrain; 03-04-16 at 08:15 PM.

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    32,903Posts

Re: PSA: Nvidia users beware; Latest driver may cause harm your PC! (364.72)

Thanks for the heads up.

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    436Posts

I've just been reading up on this, It's awful.
    Thanks for the heads up buddy.
    Forum Rules

HugotonHosting
    Offers of up to 50% off.

PSA: Nvidia users beware; Latest driver may cause harm your PC! (364.72) Future is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,972Posts

What the hell is Nvidia doing lately? I've had massive problems with their patch before that. Random driver crashes while playing games mostly. I hoped this update would fix stuff but oh well.... I'll rather stay at the current broken one before updating to this one and running into the risk of my fucking CPU dying .__.

Thanks for the heads up m8!

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,716Posts

Quick update: A couple of people on reddit have been complaining about Shadowplay not functioning properly, more than likely related to the latest driver. Along with that SLI seems to be broken for quite a few people as well.

People have been recommending to avoid the entire 364.* drivers altogether.

MemberRank
    Dec 2015 Join Date
    82Posts

No no for this?

True MemberRank
    Jul 2008 Join Date
    Balik PulauLocation
    1,337Posts

TQ for the info

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    Land b4 TimeLocation
    1,846Posts

ahhh been getting bsod lately, was wondering what was the cause for this. thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice For All View Post
    The rules are simple. Don't act like a faggot you won't be treated like a faggot.

SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,170Posts

Please, note the date this warning has been posted. It most likely is no longer relevant.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

Advertisement