Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ransomware (Wanna Cry Worm)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hello everyone today i'm here to share a little news since NSA has been hacked by a group called shadowbrokers. They exploited NSA tools. and now there is a new Worm going around basically encrypting all your files and make you pay a fee of "300$" Be careful where you go to and what you do on your PC. Now the only way to prevent this worm from getting to your PC is to make sure all your pc's in your current "House Hold" is fully updated. This is to be taken serious as it encrypts all your files with a key that gets sent to the hacker that forces you to pay the 300$.

Way To Prevent This From Happening:
  • Make Sure Windows Fully Updated Even To Creators Updated.
  • Make Sure All The Pc's In Your House Is Fully Updated.
  • Watch Out Where You Go On The Internet.

Things you should do?
  • Make a back up of all your files.
  • Make a back up of your windows on a external HDD or flash drive.
  • Make sure windows is fully updated.
  • Be careful on where you go and what you do.

What should you do if you get infected?
  • Turn off your pc.
  • Unplug the internet access from your modem and your pc.
  • And restore windows.

Wanna know more information watch this video:

This is not a joke as it has infected over 99 countries so far. And also has hit hospitals,
And etc places.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
From all the images and etc.. that i seen it was 300 maybe it was raise i have no idea. But its been going on for about a month now. And yeah i know a lot of places around here still run windows xp sadly...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
From what I've read, the price doubles on a daily basis until the 7th day where they decide to just delete all the files.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
They delete the keys, not the files.

By the way, from what i read online (source: ) is that the spreading is killed.

Its killed for now as the person says the code can be changed a little and be started right back up.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is terrifying... Makes torrenting scary these days :$:
Good thing I never check my e-mails...

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I believe over 200.000 computers have been infected with this virus in at least 150 countries. For now the spreading is killed, but this is indeed a temporarily solution. The best thing you can do right now, is to update your windows machines.

Microsoft has released an update for every operating system (from Windows XP to Windows 10, from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2016). Quite remarkable that Microsoft updated a no longer supported Windows version (Windows XP).

You can find all the updates here (I got these links from somewhere on Reddit):
Windows 7/2008R2

Windows 2012

Windows XP/Vista/8/2003/2008

Windows 10

Windows 8.1/2012R2

Windows 2016

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
spreading is NOT killed the killswitch used for that has already been removed and a new variant without the killswitch is already in the wild.

Back