Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Does your router have a backdoor?

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Why would you keep port 3306 open? Bit of an amateurish mistake?

There are many reasons to let ports open. I.e. using your PC to host an own written service that listens the port. Even when a port is open, the hackers need to know whats listening to it and need to find any exploit to the software to attack your PC.

As long as we know what ports are listened by what software, it's our own decision.
MentaL, when there is a hidden port open for the NSA (xD), what software is listening to it, what you think? Any software on the routers itself?

EDIT: What about netstat -a, you will not find it? o_O

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Clean on Netgear WNDR3800.

If anyone needs help using/setting up Python, I'm here.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best solution. Reformat PC. Wash out all RATs and Backdoor

Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This news is over 10 years old, first publicly posted .

I wouldn't be surprised if it's used by ISP's to push settings into the router or something similar, i doubt it's for NSA snooping lol.

Correct, there's more info to it in document. It's a shell that allows remote control, pretty sure it's for ISP's.

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
Face palm...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
Sry, router configuration / network systems are not my best ride. As I know a port is only open, when an application is listening to it. When there is no application that listens to the port, then it's not open. So I misunderstood something, because this open port is not a usual open port.

Remote exploits.
Reading and I finally got the line.
This open port grants access to the router configuration, not the PC system at all. So the software that is listening to the port is burned on the router (firmware). Sadly with the exploit everybody can get access to the routers configuration from outside without admin password. When anybody modifies anything i.e. port forwarding he can get access on the PC system, too.

Did I understand this right now? Please correct me when I'm wrong and stop the facepalm. >.>

This news is over 10 years old, first publicly posted .

Correct, there's more info to it in document. It's a shell that allows remote control, pretty sure it's for ISP's.
The last documentation is very horrible, but at the end your statement is correct.

So I hope the manufacturers will do something against the exploit. Or should we also really protect us against the services of the ISP?

Reaction score
K so i did a little data gathering today, we have the majority of our customers running Technicolor/Thompson/Alcatel routers and every single one of them has the default port for remote access into that router in the 32000-35000 range. Which to me, seems like a huge coincidence considering the range.

I am now 95% certain this port is used by the ISP to remotely access / remotely push settings into the router when required.

HAARP
Reaction score
K so i did a little data gathering today, we have the majority of our customers running Technicolor/Thompson/Alcatel routers and every single one of them has the default port for remote access into that router in the 32000-35000 range. Which to me, seems like a huge coincidence considering the range.

I am now 95% certain this port is used by the ISP to remotely access / remotely push settings into the router when required.

If thomson used their routers to gather other data than firmware then they would probably be one of the few who would know how to do so reliably and in a sneaky way. Those french motherfuckers knew how to build a router and built them so well that it's probably one of the significant contributing factors that sent them into bankruptcy and although I could never obtain firmware for my router the default one and associated software is flawless and still works well today. Which says a lot.

Proud owner of 10 year old low-range thomson router and posting from it.

Back