Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Seagate Video 3.5 HDD [What is it?]

Reaction score
Well, I had a old Optus Fetch TV box lying around, and remembered to myself that it had 1TB of storage in it.. So I pried it apart, and inside was a lovely Seagate, 1TB Video 3.5 HDD...

But when I read the title on it "Video 3.5 HDD" I came to wonder what does that mean, is it the same as a normal harddrive? Is it useable in a computer? It looks like a normal harddrive, and all. But what if I wanted to pop it into my desktop, would I be able to run a operating system off it?

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
Well, I had a old Optus Fetch TV box lying around, and remembered to myself that it had 1TB of storage in it.. So I pried it apart, and inside was a lovely Seagate, 1TB Video 3.5 HDD...

But when I read the title on it "Video 3.5 HDD" I came to wonder what does that mean, is it the same as a normal harddrive? Is it useable in a computer? It looks like a normal harddrive, and all. But what if I wanted to pop it into my desktop, would I be able to run a operating system off it?

just a normal 7200 rpm Seagate disk probably.. well good for some mass storage right..

Back