Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is this a good server to host a GunZP on?

Reaction score
Hi, will a hostcomputer with this:
- Pentium 4, 3.0.6 Ghz
- 250 GB
- 2gb Ram
- Microsoft Server 2003

Be able to run this (lagg free):

- 24/7
- MatchServer (1000 online :p)
- MatchAgent
- ClanwarServer (500 online)
- MatchAgent for Cw Server
- ServerKeeper
- Locator
- Apache

Thx to the people who tell me :D

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im not sure abt that coz i don't play GunZP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
2GB RAM is not enough. 4GB will do fine, and you should have a dual-core processor.

Reaction score
So you think i should get:
Duo core Xeon
250 gb
4 gig ram

EDIT: GunZ is a simple game where you login, get into a lobby, you enter a room and you can fight!

But i have 70 online now on a xp with:
Pentium 4 2.something ghz
250 gb
1 gig ram

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well it dont matter, how much ram, gigiz, u got itz ganna lagg unless u got like 15 gigz of ram, and or like 500gb of Hardrive >,< i can tell u that, but ull run a decent server on that, hope i helped

Reaction score
well it dont matter, how much ram, gigiz, u got itz ganna lagg unless u got like 15 gigz of ram, and or like 500gb of Hardrive >,< i can tell u that, but ull run a decent server on that, hope i helped

No you didn't help. At all. You do not even know what you are talking about. Read the section rules; if you have no idea about something do not post at all instead of providing wrong and misleading information. Infracted and most of your other posts i this section are being deleted.

As for the question, Double the RAM to 4 and you should be able to host a decent amount of players. I don't know about 1000 but you could get to about half that, if not more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
And, remember you should be running a 100mb/s connection. You should have a total of 4GB RAM, and a Pentium 4> processor. A Pentium 4 is pushing it though, for 1000.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
To be on the safe side you can buy 1-2GBs more RAM. But 2GB is enough on any average server, or even a bit more. If you actually manage to get 1500 people on you will probably need at least 4GB RAM and a dual core. But upgrade as that happens, doing it now will probably result in a waste of money.

Retired s'2010
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2 GB and Dual Should be nice for the first steps. You can always update later on with some RAM, but do not do the mistake to go with a powerful host at the beginning, since you will only loose money. Best is to update as the players grow.

Nowadays, it is important to have a successful server without a lot of financial loss, and without many resources. I remember starting it from a home computer, then at a friend with more powerful (3 years ago), then moved to a low dedicated and so continued.

Good luck with your server mate :)

Regards,
Aszmhodeus

Back